The meeting

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

"We already know that".

I swear nobody tells me anything. I said, "What do you mean you already knew?". Genie glanced at Carmen and said, "We didn't fully trust you and we also didn't want to ruin your family with this secret". I furrowed my brows and said "You are my family, even if we just met, we're family. Do you want to meet my family and friends?".

Genie looked at Carmen again and then looked back at me. She said, "Sure, why not". She got up and we all walked out to their car. Carmen looked at me and said, "Don't you have a driver that can drive you home?". I shook my head and said, "I'll get more into that when we get home".

Genie tilted her head and Carmen flinched at the word home. I gotta chill out with this family stuff, we just met, and they don't know me. Genie was driving so I was in the back seat, Genie was humming and decided to ask questions. She said, "So how close are you with your family?". I replied, "We're close, I've been busy for the past three months, so I didn't spend as much time with them as I was hoping but, we have the rest of the year".

She nodded and asked, "What were you busy with?". I smiled and said, "Just stuff, like the trial and training". Genie was going to ask another question, but Carmen cut her off. He said nonchalantly, "You didn't pay for your meal". I shook my head and said, "My meals are on the house".

He shook his head and said, "Because you're a princess?". I sighed and said, "No because more costumers have gone after the incident". Genie furrowed her brows and said, "What incident?". I felt like I was trouble when she said it like that. I said, "Well I called someone Sid the science kid's crackhead daughter, I also called her a white van".

I looked in the side mirror and saw Carmen laughing, he was doing it silently trying not to show me he was in fact laughing. Genie giggled and said, "What is a white van?". I shrugged and said, "I made it up on the spot, I'm pretty sure it's a quote now". I pulled out my phone and looked up Adalyn Dara white van and it popped up immediately. I repeated the statement and said, "you however are a walking white van. You carry just as much of a criminal record and the gross men that come with it".

Carmen covered his mouth. It was on the news for a while, so I don't get how they didn't see it. I shrugged and Genie said, "That was mean but, smooth". I laughed and the drive to my house was less awkward than before. We walked in and I could tell Carmen's guard was down a little more.

I smiled at the thought and walked in. I yelled "Niko, Farrah there's someone I want you to meet?". Niko came out the dining room and Farrah walked out the kitchen. They stood their confused and Farrah said, "You replaced Ash or something?". Niko hit her and glared, I laughed and said, "No but, this is Genie and Carmen".

They looked at each other and then back at my siblings. Niko tilted her head and Farrah just stared. I said, "Shake hands or something!". Niko nodded and pulled out her hand, Carmen didn't respond but Genie did. I sighed and shook my head at their house training.

I saw Farrah just staring, I don't know who, but she slowly started to smile. I said, "So uh, you wouldn't happen to like sunflower seeds, would you?". Genie nodded and Carmen shrugged. Niko got a call and gave us the 'one minute' hand gesture. I let her go and Farrah said, "Niko is moving out with James, so I'm upset but, she is getting an apartment that's down the street".

She pointed and I looked out the window to see it. I turned back around and said, "Well she's right down the street, it shouldn't be a problem". Niko came back and said, "I'm moving down the street to those apartments but, if things get hard or if me and James decide living together is too much could I move back in? I also will need help packing since I'm in school right now and studying for tests". I nodded at everything, and she smiled, I nodded, and Farrah laughed. I turned around and saw Carmen and Genie standing awkwardly behind me.

I pointed to the couch, and they sat over their whispering to each other. I looked over at Farrah as we walked over to the living room. I said, "Don't cry you could literally stalk her from this window if you wanted". She laughed and said, "Yeah I'm just going to kick in her door and invade all her privacy". We both laughed but Genie and Carmen didn't find that funny.

I turned to them and said, "We were just joking, we don't actually invade people's privacy like that". I said smiling Genie said, "Oh", and smiled. Another note, they value privacy. I turned to Farrah and asked, "Are you going to move out?". She furrowed her brows and said, "Dang homie trying to kick me out already?".

I laughed and said, "No you just swore you would be staying until you could find another place, just know my offer still stands, you could just live here rent free. So, stop being stubborn and do what I want". Farrah laughed at my slight joke and said, "Okay you needy old woman, I won't move out". I cheered and said, "YAY thank you, thank you, thank you". She laughed and hugged me back, she went off to go cook lunch since it was two pm.

Sorry this one was pretty short😭🤚 but 😗✌️ I will make it up to you

funny thing I was writing this in Microsoft and I noticed the different between last story and this story, the font and size. The size was on 13.5 but I always type on 18 size so yeah...

if the chapters are shorter than the first few than that's why🤷🏾‍♀️