The Function

Hello Makkalae,

I am back with Chapter 30 – The Function of #KadavulSetting | An #AshAangi Fanfiction Written in Tanglish.

I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story in one shot and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...) Nandrigal 🙏

Without much further ado, let's get into the story!

†****************†

Ashwin has no excitement to see Sree but deep inside his heart he knows he cannot avoid her anymore. After packing the bag, he comes out of his bedroom, he goes near Sree's bedroom, stands still for a second. He has no heart to knock the door. Maybe, just maybe, he is not ready to face her. And so he changes his mind, walks to the sticky note session to look for updates, and he guessed Sree has left a note informing that she has loaded her luggage in the front seat and shall be sitting at the back due to tiredness as she has spent all day in back-to-back meetings and needs to rest.

Ashwin is like... "This is what I wished... but how long can we avoid each other. This shall end at her place."

Ashwin locks the main door before getting into car. He can feel her presence inside the car and so he did not bother checking if it is good to start. He accelerates the car slowly to get out of the parking, he parks the car on the road, and locks the main gate. He gets back to the car, accelerates a bit faster than usual till he is on the highways. From there he drives the car swiftly listening to the A R Rahman's beats.

He has no intention to take a break but due he do not wish the bang the car on someone sleeping and so he takes a tea break at around 2 in the morning. It's a proper break despite knowing that the car is on for a long time. Upon resuming from driving, he drives a bit slow so that he can reach early in the morning... say at 5 instead of rushing and reaching at 4.

Ashwin is like... "A R R Sir is a magician and to his surprise he is able to hear Sivaangi instead of the actual singers this time too." He cannot stop blushing while hearing those songs especially Paranthu Sellava...

Ashwin reaches around half past four in the morning. To his surprise he sees Pavi, and Damu Uncle is waiting in front of the gate. His initial reaction is to wave at them but he realizes that Pavi may not even know him and so he parks the car in front of the gate and walks up to Damu uncle.

"Uncle..."

Damu Appa walks with him on the road enquiring about the travel. Ashwin answers him warmly. Damu Appa is visibly excited. The walk to the end of road and return took almost 10 minutes and by that time Sree and Pavi are nowhere to be seen. Damu Appa helps him park the car inside the parking area and they go inside the house. Damu Appa is like... "Where's Sree." and then he guides him inside the room.

Ashwin smiles before entering the room. The room is empty. Sree is nowhere to be seen. He thanks God, closes the door, and throws himself on the bed to a nap.

***

Ashwin alarm goes on at nine in the morning. He wakes up with a start. He is still alone in the room and so he smiles a bit relaxed. He goes inside the restroom to get ready. He reads the messages from his dad and understand he is on the way. After the bath, he comes out as if a thief entering a house to steal things. All thanks to the closed door but not the locked one -- for the bedroom.

Still no one in the room, he feels relaxed. He locks the door and gets ready in a jiffy. He hears a door knock, followed by a couple. He opens the door. He sees a girl standing with a coffee cup. He is bit confused if it is Pavi or Sree.