WhatsApp

Hello Makkalae,

I am back with Chapter 5 – WhatsApp of #KadavulSetting | An #AshAangi Fanfiction Written in Tanglish.

I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story in one shot and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...) Nandrigal 🙏

Without much further ado, let's dive (story-iku ulla kottasaami) into the story!

†****************†

WhatsApp shows Sivaangi is typing for almost five minutes. Ashwin loses his patience. He gets up from the bed, starts walking inside the room, like our Ambi of Anniyan Movie.

The text reads: "😮😮😮😮😮😮😮. Too hot to handle. En intha photo? Ithey observe pannaratha illa rasikaratha orey confusion, Ashwin-eyy!"

"Chumma thaan...

Sorry to make you wait today. It's a tough day at work." Ashwin sends back-to-back messages.

"It's okay. I understand. I work in IT too.

Okay, confession - I am still staring at your photo. Like I said you are a treat to watch 💓💓💓💓💓💓💓" Sivaangi still feeling high.

"Oh...Oh...."

"Oh...Oh...." It goes on for almost five minutes.

"We do not have Sarath anna to stop us." Sivaangi concludes putting an end to 'Oh... Oh...'s

"Ha ha... Should we create a group?" Ashwin prompts and Sivaangi responds 'Nah.. not now."

"Okay, I have a random question for you - Do you have a bathtub at home?" Sivaangi's text confuses Ashwin.

"Hmmm... I do not ma. Enaku intha question?"

"Illa... next time intha maari click edikum pothu bathtub la intha costume la edunga. Semaya irukkum."

Ashwin is unable to connect but he says "Okay dokay." He receives a call on his mobile phone.

"Ashwin-eyy enna text pannarathunu theriyala. Athaan call pannen. Freeya... pesalama?" Sivaangi speaks as soon as the call is answered.

"Kandipa pesalam.... solluma."

"I kind of missed our meet-up today. Ennu theriyala. That's why I text you. Enna pesarathu theriyala. So I thought of calling you. Neenga photo anupuveenga naan ethir pakala. Sarath anna sonnaru... neenga konjam reserved type-nu. So I am shocked and stunned. Apparam photo la semaya iruntheenga... innaiku night thoonga mathiri thaan!" Sivaangi speaks non-stop.

"Naanum thaan. Work la break eduka mudiayala. So I was missing our meet-up." Ashwin pauses... "Hmmm... reserved thaan but ellaroda illa. I speak with people I am comfortable with. I feel comfortable with you, Sivaangi-ma." He smiles, kind of a blush. "Apparam enaku intha hi solli, favourites ellam list panna theriyathu. So neenga keta naan kandipa share pannuven. Ungala pathi sollunga."

"Perusa onnum illa... IT life. Routine Work during the day. I love my evenings... I read books. I sing songs." Ashwin interrupts her, "Unga favourite romantic book?"

"The Notebook. I love Noah and Allie. The book and movie are so close to my heart. That too this epic scene, 'Would you just stay with me?

Stay with you? What for? Look at us! We're already fighting!

Well that's what we do! We fight! You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you're being a pain in the ass! Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings, you have like a two-second rebound rate and you're back doing the next pain in the ass thing.