Busy Busy

Hello Makkalae,

I am back with Chapter 29 – Busy Busy of #KadavulSetting | An #AshAangi Fanfiction Written in Tanglish.

I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story in one shot and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...) Nandrigal 🙏

To those who missed the pic on Instagram, here you go...

Without much further ado, let's get into the story!

†****************†

Ashwin is like... "Partner... Naan unga veetiku thaan vara poren. I don't think I can drive all the way home. I am brain-drained."

Sarath gets excited. As usual. He orders food, beer for him and juices for Ashwin before starting to his place.

Ashwin takes a warm shower before changing to night clothes. He looks for messages from Sivaangi. None. He gets disappointed. Ashwin have his dinner and juice with Sarath while he has his food with beer.

"Partner... Pesamaa naan en appa kitta unmaiya sollida poren." Ashwin says after almost completing the juice bottle.

"Partner... enaku theriyama nee side-a beer adichaya enna?" Sarath mocks him and adds, "Neeya un thalaiyula mannu vaari podarathu samanam athu. Just erase of all those thoughts. Go to native... complete the function... come back to Bangalore. enjoy the time with Sivaangi. On your birthday confess it to her... and then to Sree... request for divorce and go on with your life. Keep it very simple."

"Ada po partner... ennala Sivaangi illama oru nimisham kooda iruka mudiyala. Nee sollara mathiri ponna innum oru 12 months avathu aagaum before I marry her." Ashwin shares his frustration.

"Partner... itheyellam sonnathey nee thaan... I am just reiterating your thoughts." Sarath is on point again.

Ashwin is unable to handle the misery. He goes inside the room, hit the bed and sleep. In all these happenings, he leaves the phone in the dining table itself. Sarath also goes to bed without noticing the same.

***

Ashwin wakes up around ten in the morning. He realizes that he slept without talking to Sivaangi. He looks for his phone. It is not on the bed. He gets up in hurry, rushes to the living room to find the phone lying on the table. He grabs the phone to find out that the phone got switched off... battery drained just like his brain.

He keeps it in charge for thirty minutes while he gets fresh up and ready to face the day. The phone gets on to be bombed by the notifications.

Around 30 messages and 5 missed video calls.... the messages tell the story... it varies from 'Ashwin-eyy... enna pannareenga... yen video call eduka matareenga..' to 'You are still busy for me... I don't understand... whatever be the work, a call before you sleep would not have hurt us." to 'your phone is switched off... looks like it's off day for us.' and the last one, 'I am seriously upset and hurt. Time is 1 AM. I am unable to bear the cramps and yet my heart aches for you. Hope nothing bad happened to you. I wish and pray that all is well. And yes, let's give it a pause. In that way I will learn to handle these not-so-happy-days.'.