Happy Day

Hello Makkalae,

I am back with Chapter 12 – Happy Day of #KadavulSetting | An #AshAangi Fanfiction Written in Tanglish.

I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story in one shot and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...) Nandrigal 🙏

Without much further ado, let's dive into the story! 

†****************†

Sarath answers the phone call. "Enna achu partner?"

"Partner... helmet eduthitu variya please."

"Bike-la thaan irukey partner."

"For Sivaangi-ma ku... partner." Ashwin stresses and Sarath grabs a helmet and starts walking to the parking.

"Naan kooda etho problem-nu nenaichan." Sivaangi speaks with a relaxed smile.

"Helmet romba mukkiyam ma... I have a story to tell the world." Ashwin says looking at the mirror.

"Sollunga... Kekka ready-a iruken."

"Ungaliku padika pudikum la... story-a eluthi iruken... Orange Orchard. It's on Amazon too. I will get you a copy tomorrow."

"Wow! Interesting. I am looking forward to read the story." Sivaangi smiles wildly.

Sarath walks up to them with a big smile. "Enna partner... Orange Orchard-a.. Nallathu thaan... always wear the helmet."

Ashwin hugs him for being the wonderful friend all the time. He starts the bike after Sivaangi wears the helmet.

"Ashwin-eyy... appa namba story-um book-a vara vaipu irukumo."

Ashwin smiles, "Ellam Kadavul Setting nga."

As usual. Ashwin drives the bike at the decent speed... following all the rules and regulations like he does all the time for all the things in his life except for one - that's his marriage. Though he tied the knot he did not feel it a marriage. His views may not be accepted by all, but he never did anything that his heart could not accept.

***

Ashwin and Sivaangi reaches the theatre on time. They watch the movie from the first frame.

"Ashwin-eyy... Neenga eppavumey ethai senchalum sincere-a thaan seiveengala?"

"En appadi kekareenga?"

"Illa ivalavu sincere movie-a pakkareengala... athaan ketan."

"Enaku RJ Balaji Anna-va Cross Talk Show-la irunthey pudikum. Happy to see him as a hero. Ungaliku?"

"Ennakum thaan... Cross Talk thaan appa ellam stress buster."

"FM used to be fun. Especially appa ellam that's the best way to listen to music. Now things have changed.. especially with OTT platforms coming into play, things are going to change drastically." Ashwin explains his view on the impact of the technology.

Sivaangi agrees and they continue to watch the movie.

In the interval Ashwin grabs some popcorn and ice cream for them. Sivaangi is excited on seeing the ice cream. It's been couple of months since she had one. She thanks Ashwin from the bottom of her heart.

"No sorry. No thanks. Between us." Ashwin says and Sivaangi smiles... "Agree. Yes, between us. No labels."

Ashwin laughs happily. He says, "A smile from the heart is the best gift one can give to others." He makes heart with his fingers. Sivaangi blushes. The movie resumes.