19; The morning after

Start from the beginning

"Er, yeah, like totally", she said and she doesn't fool me. She's talking like a cheerleader again. 

"Shay, is there something else bothering you?", I asked her with a raised eyebrow. 

She didn't even look at me, "no, I'm fine". 

Gosh, fine is not fine. 

"Don't lie to me, come on. What's going on?".

"I don't think I'm ready to go on dates. I mean, I went to a few dates but I don't quite feel ready right now", she confesses but I don't think that's it. 

I chuckle, "you'll do great, I mean. It's only a date, it's not like you're gonna marry this guy", I said with a heavy heart cause I really do not want Shay to marry a total stranger. I'm not ready to see her with someone else but as a friend, I'm trying to supportive. 

Then she takes a deep breath, "how's Tommy last night?"

I smile so wide remembering the night I had with my son, "it was great. I brought him out last night.."

"You what?", Shay opened her mouth.

"Calm down, mama. I didn't brought him out partying, we just went to the toy store and buy a few more cars for him", I explained.

I can see Shay smiling, "you don't have to spoil him, Cal"

"Are you kidding me? He's my son! Who am I going to spoil if not him?", I made a point. 

"Dial that husky voice down! You're gonna wake Tommy up! And shouting that he's your son, jeez, you're gonna scare the poor kid", Shay panics and I remember Tommy asked me to be his dad last night. It's a moment I will not ever forget, but how am I gonna approach the matter to Shay? But he was asleep when he asked me that, did the magical moment really entered his magical little mind? But on another note, Shay said my voice was husky. 

"Husky huh?", I said out loud.

Shay turns to me confused, "what?"

"You called my voice husky, you like my voice Shay?", I wink at her, teasing her and it made her raise any eyebrow.

"Calum, you're a singer. Don't be silly", that goes for my attempt on flirting. 

"Oh I even let Tommy listen to my album and he fucking love it! I fucking love it that he fucking love it!", I told Shay as she sets up the table. 

"Could you watch your language, just abit", she hit my arm with a spoon. 

"I'm just excited about it, sorry", I said rubbing my arm. 

Shay puts his hand on her sexy hips, "you know, I haven't listen to any of your songs"

I drop my jaw, "are you fucking serious? My album went quadreple platinum and you have not heard it?"

She shakes her head, she is definitely peculiar and that is why I fell in love with her and maybe I'm falling for her now, but I'm trying not to. 

"I gave Tommy the album, you could listen to it whenever you want", I told her and she scoffs instead.

"What makes you think I would  listen to it?"

Again, my jaw drops. "Cause it went quadruple platinum!"

"So did ACDC, but you know  I have no intention on listening to that!".

I look at her sharply, "you're such a boring person". 

She fake a laugh, "screw you. I bet I was the most interesting person you've ever been with, worldwide", she said and thinking it over, she's right. Her boring intrests fascinates me in the first place, all she does is reading boring books but from reading, she knows a little bit more than the people who claims to be interesting but only lives in their own little world.