90~

✞

Silence rang through the air, not a word being heard after the sickening crack of the spell and the terrifying sight infront of them.

No one had saw it coming, Bellatrix came out of nowhere and threw the killing curse before anyone could comprehend it, there was no time to even think that someone would have jumped infront of it, aiming to protect their loved one with an all mighty consequence.

Death.

Harry's mouth went agape as he watched the deadly green light bounce off of the chest of the person he would say loved the most in the world, watching as a sharp gasp left their lips and their body swayed as fear filled their eyes.

They knew it was too late.

Harry's scream echoed throughout the chamber, bouncing off of the cold walls and catching everyone's attention; all gasping as they watched the body slip back effortlessly into the veil before anyone could stop it.

Remus ran forward and grabbed the bespectacled boy as he screamed loudly, pain taking over his body when they disappeared from his sight, never to be seen again; not for a very long time.

The werwolf pushed down the tears he knew would rise when Harry wasn't with him and willed himself to stay strong, for the sake of others. His heart shattered into a million pieces, feeling like a piece of his soul and happiness left with the body that fell into the whispery hands of the veil but he couldn't let it show. He had to stay strong; for them.

Reinmonds wand dropped to the floor, slipping from his fingers, the clatter ringing in his ears whilst his body went ridged and into a state of shock.

No.

"No. No. No" he kept repeating wanting to rush to try and get them back but his body was frozen in place, feet unwilling to move, he was in a shell shocked trance.

It was someone else's scream that topped the rest though, the scream of an uncle who had just watched his niece die from the spell that was supposed to have hit him, the girl he had longed to take care of and look after throughout all of his years locked up in Azkaban being taken away from him infront of his very eyes.

She jumped infront of him, taking the spell she knew would kill him for herself.

He screamed bloody murder and tried to chase her body, determined to bring her back with vicious tears falling down his face with no stop; it had taken every bit of strength Tonks had to hold her cousin back.

"I killed Rosalind Knight! You coming to get me?!" The cackle of Bellatrix rang throughout the chamber whilst she happily skipped away, pleased with herself.