43

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Ahhhh!"

A sudden scream that she knew belonged to her girlfriend, echoed all the way back to the entrance, Rosalind quickly standing from where she sat comforting Maximus as she heard the sound, the boy getting over himself and standing next to her feeling her worry. At this time his best friend would come first, he'd have to speak to Cedric later.

Gabrielle, who had also heard it, came running over to Rosalind and hugged the girls waist closely, all of them watching as a few moments after a red spark lit up the dark sky, shining brightly like a firework.

"What's happening?" Maximus asked, holding Rosalind's waist whilst Madame Maxime got up and went to the entrance, Fleur being brought out covered in dirt and a few scratches. She looked traumatised and was shaking, the teacher who had brought her out trying to comfort her but as soon as she saw Rosalind she stumbled towards her, Rosalind leaving Maximus and Gabrielles grasps to run forwards and catch her in her arms, the french girl holding on tightly to the collar of her leather jacket, burying her neck in her chest.

"Come child, bring her to the steps" Madame Maxime softly placed a hand on Rosalind's shoulder, guiding her and a shaken up Fleur to sit on the steps however when Rosalind tried to sit the girl next to her, she shook her head and placed herself sideways on Rosalind's lap, latching onto her tightly. The students of Beauxbaton crowding around her only for Maximus to tell them all to give them space, Madame Maxime sending a grateful look to the Hufflepuff boy as they listened to him and watched from a disgrace.

"Hey..shhhh what happened?" Rosalind tried to stop her shaking, taking her leather jacket off and wrapping it around the girl despite having a jacket on herself, Fleur gripped onto it tightly with one hand, the other still holding on to Rosalind.

"I-I cant remember..it was just so cold and I-" she couldn't form proper sentences, the aftermath from being stunned taking a toll on her. Her girlfriend just held her close to her, rubbing a hand up and down her back soothingly.

"You're okay, it's okay"

The Durmstrang students then all stood up as Viktor was pulled out of the maze, muddy with a dazed and confused look in his eye, it was like he didn't know where he was.

"What the bloody hell is happening in there?" Maximus who was stood next to the pair with Gabrielle beside him shrugged worriedly at her question, he might be mad at Cedric right now but he was still his boyfriend. He wanted him safe more than he wanted him to win.

"I don't know but I have a bad feeling"

A couple more hours passed, the sky now dark as night took over, torches being lit however the stands were still cheering and the band was still playing their tunes.

Fleur had calmed down mostly, now sat next to Rosalind instead of on her lap as she wanted to cuddle into her.

Rosalind was talking to Gabrielle, not noticing Fleur had left her until a frightened scream had left her mouth along with another one from her best friend. Panicked she looked up, the sight before her making her almost faint.

The champions were back.

However Harry was curled over Cedrics body, the boy in yellow looking almost grey as he laid their lifeless.

The band started playing a happy tune as the crowd cheered, all whooping and shouting congratulations of joy whilst rushing down to greet the two champions but they all stopped once they grew closer, seeing the sight before them and once they heard Harry's screams.

"No! No!" Harry fought as Dumbledoor tried to pull him off the boys body. Maximus waisting no time running towards them and dropping to his knees, shaking hysterically as he sobbed, holding Cedrics face in his hands.

"No Cedric please!" His throat cracked and his heart split in two, the eyes of the boy he loved staring back at him lifelessly.

"No! Rosalind! Rosalind help!" The blood-curdling scream for his best friend snapped the girl out of her shocked trance as she also ran towards them, Gabrielle and Fleur trying to grab her but she quickly sped towards them and dropped to her knees, her own tears falling down her cheeks at the sight before her.

Cedric was dead. His eyes stared up lifelessly, dull and emotionless, his heart was no longer beating and his chest didn't rise. His soul was no longer intact with his body.

He was gone.

"Rosalind..he's back! Voldemorts back!" Harry choked out, Dumbledoor looking at him with disbelief. Rosalind didn't know what to do, seeing both of the boys she loved the most broken and crying made her only cry harder herself.

"No baby please!" Maximus sobbed into the lifeless chest of what was his boyfriend, gripping onto the filthy yellow and black shirt. People's mouths agape at the sight before them, the atmosphere becoming that one a dark one.

"Cedric he asked me to bring his body back..I couldn't leave him. Not there" Harry's voice was going hoarse with the strain of his crying, falling into Rosalind whilst keeping his grip on the dead boys hand. Rosalind holding onto Maximus whilst also holding up the weight of Harry, Fudge looking at them all without an ounce of pity.

"The body must be moved Dumbledore there are too many people" Rosalind glared up at the old man, how dare he care more about the publicity of this than the tragedy before him. It sickened her, she knew he would try to keep this quiet, because of him Cedric wouldn't be avenged.

"Let me through!" The voice of Amos diggory only had Rosalind sobbing harder along with the two boys infront of her, she felt physically sick. Voldemort did this...the death eaters did this...her family did this. This was all her family's fault which made her believe it was her own.

"That's my son! That's my boy!" Amos fell to the ground and wept loudly, his chest heaving as he cried seeing the lifeless body of his child on the ground.

"You two, easy, easy" Harry and Rosalind were soon pulled up by 'Moody' the man holding them both tightly as they struggled against him, trying to get back to Cedric.

"Come on" he pulled them both away with him, his strength being unmatched leaving no room for the pair to fight.

"No no Rosalind!" Maximus screamed for his best friend, needing her with him. He watched as she struggled against the large man and just knew something was wrong, he attempted to go after them but Snape pushed him back.

"Say goodbye to your boyfriend ill handle them" Maximus' eyes were bright red and bloodshot, Snape feeling only the smallest amount of pity as he moved the boy backwards into Fleurs arms, who had also just been held back from chasing the strange man who dragged her girlfriend away.

Moving the pair through the corridors, 'Moody' kept a vice grip on them, both of their tears streaming down their faces as they hiccuped. Harry crying even harder seeing Rosalind cry, she barely ever cried infront of people.

"It's alright. I've got you" Rosalind struggled hardly against him, almost breaking free of his grip but he pulled her back against him.

"It's okay, just calm down Rosalindavana"

She stopped struggling at that. He said her name that only one person called her, no one ever called her that, not even her family since they hated it.

The only person who ever used it did it because they didn't get their own way when naming her when she was born.

"Good girl see, calm down I've got'cha"

✍︎︎