42

✍︎︎

✍︎︎

"Rosalind?"

The Slytherin girl hummed when Danielle called out her name, looking up from where she had been painting a badger on Maximus' cheek.

"You know all of the red haired family right?" Maximus would have been impressed at the girls English, if he didn't know her father was American and taught her English from being a small child. Not many students of Beauxbaton spoke English or maybe they just didn't want to speak to the students of Hogwarts, he would never know.

"The weasleys? Yes I do" she went back to finishing her art work on Maximus cheek, Gabrielle watching in wonder at the way her sisters partner was so good at art.

"Who is that handsome one coming towards us?"

Rosalind looked up once again and let out a laugh when seeing the one and only William Weasley coming up to her. She handed Max the paintbrush before pulling him into a big hug once he neared, the red haired man smiling and hugging back. William Weasley or 'bill' as he called himself was (just like the rest of the weasleys) very close to Rosalind, he often told her about his job as a curse breaker and the tombs he explored along how much she would have loved Egypt. They got on rather quickly, It was her who had suggested he get a piercing saying it would give him the more edgy look he wanted, them along with Charlie seemed to like the more roughed up look which Molly absolutely hated. The woman had almost cried when saw Rosalind had cut all her hair off back in fourth year, her raven hair that once went past her waist now falling just above her shoulders almost giving her a heart attack.

"William!" The boy groaned as she used his full name, something she had been doing since the day she met him summer of her third year after becoming the best of friends with the twins. Maximus stood next to Danielle and smirked at her dazed face, all of the Weasleys were good looking, Molly and Arthur had some incredible genes however he had never had the pleasure of meeting Bill or Charlie before, shockingly.

"How many times have I-"

"All the time, I'm never calling you Bill" he ruffled her hair but raised a brow at the pastel blue underside of it. Danielle finding this as a perfect way to talk to the tall handsome man with long fiery hair and what seemed to be an earring with a fang dangling from it.

"It used to be red until she found herself a girlfriend who loved blue" Bills attention was snapped to the chocolate haired girl immediately, wrapping his arm around Rosalind's shoulders as he looked her friend up and down.
She was breathtakingly beautiful, from her dark umber skin to her glistening brown eyes that twinkled under the sun. She was ethereal.

"And who might you be?" He outstretched his hand, waiting for the pretty brunette to shake it.

"Danielle and you are?"

"Bill, Bill Weasley" the man shook her hand longer than he should have, Rosalind and Maximus sending smirks between them at how entranced the pair before them looked.

"And I'm Maximus by the way" the Hufflepuff boy stuck his hand between them, little Gabrielle smirking at the familiar scene of what Danielle had done to Rosalind when she had bumped into Fleur that one time.

"I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you" Bill shook the boys hand politely, Rosalind was very proud to have Maximus as a best friend and often boasted about him when spending her time at the burrow.

"Well..whilst you two get to know each other, I'm gonna do Gabrielles face paint. Toodles" the pair only waved her off as they began to talk, Rosalind giggling to herself as she took Gabrielles hand and helped her down the steps next to some other students to let them have atleast abit of privacy, Maximus following closely behind them not wanting to be stuck in the middle of a conversation where they were practically already undressing each other with their eyes. He had to deal with enough of that already because of Fleur and Rosalind.

"What do you want on your cheek 'Elle" the little girl went on to tell her how she wanted a pretty blue butterfly, no one noticing the way all of the Beauxbaton students along with Madame Maxime watched the scene with awe. They had never seen their youngest like another person so much, she was much like her sister in that department but once again Rosalind Knight, the odd Slytherin who never sat at her own table stole the Delacours hearts.

Once she had finished, Gabrielle went off to show her headmistress her beautiful butterfly painted cheek which left Rosalind and Maximus to speak for a while.

"Well hello there you two! You must be the best friends of Cedric" the one and only Amos Diggory came marching up to them with a wide smile, not even hesitating to pull the Hufflepuff-slytherin duo up into a big hug. Although Maximus felt a tug on his heart.

"Best friends?" He asked which made the man smile once again and pat him on the shoulder.

"Oh yes, Rosalind and Maximus?" The pair nodded once he said their names.

"Yes yes my boy has told me all about the two of you. His best friends, bless him although I thought you, my dear, may have been his girlfriend until he clarified you were both like his sister and brother" once he had said that Maximus felt like crying. Brother and sister. Rosalind his girlfriend. Best friends. Cedric had lied to him.

"Yeah that's us, his sibling like best friends" Amos didn't hear the sarcasm behind his tone, only pulling them into another big hug before practically skipping off to speak to others about his golden son.

Once he left, Maximus fell down onto the steps with no words to say, only hurt within him. Rosalind quickly sat down next to him and pulled him into her, the boy resting his head on her shoulder.

"He- he told me that he told his parents...he said they accepted me!" He exclaimed in a whisper, Rosalind rubbing his back soothingly.

"That's why he made up an excuse as to why I couldn't go to his over the summer! That's why he didn't protest when I said I couldn't come to the cup because you weren't going! He lied! He didn't tell them about me!" Maximus felt betrayed, he had been eating up these lies that Cedric had boasted about him to all his family, them all wanting to desperately meet him and see the boy Cedric was 'in love' with but he hadn't even told them. He had lied.

"He's ashamed to be with me" he broke out a whisper, latching onto her leather jackets as she stroked his hair. The boy he loved with ashamed, and that...that hurt him more than anything had hurt him in his life. He couldn't stand the thought of someone being embarrassed to be with him especially to their parents.

"I'm sure he's not ashamed, he'd be stupid to ever be embarrassed of being with someone like you. Maybe he just hadn't come out yet and wanted you to be happy knowing your mum knew all about him" that could be true, but he still couldn't help the feeling of betrayal within him. Maximus had come out because Cedric said it would make it easier for them, he was terrified but he still did it for him. But Cedric didn't do the same, despite saying he did.

"Fuck don't cry, I'm gonna ruin the paint"

✍︎︎