"Are you cold?"

How could you overlook that? If there was one thing that was persistent about Nier, it was that he was always more attentive to you-or anyone in the small crew for that matter-after they had been injured.

You frowned, shaking your head. "No, I'm fine. The blanket was just falling off." You closed your eyes and hoped the flimsy excuse would be enough to get Nier to leave.

Unfortunately, Nier was not going anywhere, and the bed dipped slightly as he sat down behind you. "Do you want any help with it?" He asked.

Grimoire Weiss, who had at this point been wise enough to listen to the ongoing exchange, floated to life so to speak and spoke up. "That would not be wise. Y/N wishes to be alone."

When you felt Nier's hands go to your back it took all your self-control not to lash out or narrow your eyes.

Weiss, to his credit, did attempt to warn Nier against what he was about to do a second time, but his stubbornness meant that any warnings would for the moment fall on deaf ears.

A sudden chill shot through your spine and you realized with a jolt that the blanket had fallen from your shoulders completely, exposing your back and neck. You could practically feel the pity in Nier's expression, and that might have been what lit the match.

"Y/N, I'm sorry-"

In a whirl, you stood up to face him, your expression practically oozing rage.

"How dare you." You said through clenched teeth.

A small part of you knew that this whole situation wasn't Nier's fault. You had, after all, kept your scars hidden away from him. How else was he supposed to react? Still, that small, rational part of you was drowned out by the anger you felt at his discovery.

"What happened?" He asked softly, although you could tell that your tone and expression had him slightly inching away.

"Everything and nothing," you practically hissed.

"What? I don't understand."

"No, you don't, with perfect skin, you're the  perfect hero, and you're a perfect somebody!" With each perfect, you reached for something and threw it at Nier's general direction. Luckily for him, you were so blinded by rage you only nailed him with a pillow.

"Y/N, if you wanted to talk about something-"

"Oh and listen to you pretending to care about me like every person I've ever known? Ha! That's a great joke!"

He stood up, trying to think of something to say to help you, but you weren't listening to reason at this point.

"I'm not having any of your pity!"

The little house was closing in on you. Everything was so narrow, so tight, you could hardly breathe.

You had to escape. You had to run. And run you did, exploding from the house in a blur of moving legs.

Any calls or questions went unanswered as you flew to anywhere you could be truly alone without someone trying to fix you or talk to you.

So when you sped past a gate-you weren't sure which one, you couldn't, or, more accurately, you chose not to hear any questioning comments from the guards.

The landscape was a blur as you continuously spurred yourself forward, and as you ran your vision gradually became more and more blurry as tears began pooling and dripping down your face.