Chapter 50

Sebastian's POV

The past few weeks have gone by in a blur and I can't believe that I'll be on a plane to Chicago in a few days. I can't believe that I'm actually doing it, that I'm actually going to perform at Nationals. I've never gotten past Regionals when I was with the Warblers, always being beaten by the competition which I'm now a part of. It's wild how your life can change in ways you never expected. 

I never thought I'd be friends with any of the New Directions, but here I am hanging out with all of them at the Lima Bean. We were discussing our thoughts and feelings about Nationals, as well as our competition. The Portland Scale Blazers were back for the second year in a row, and I know they must really want to win this time.

"We're gonna wipe the floor with our sweet ass dance moves." Puck said as Mike and Brittany agreed. I had to admit we were doing pretty good on that front, but I couldn't help but doubt something could go wrong. There is always room for error.

"And singing Lady Gaga is never a bad idea." Blaine fit in as we all nodded. We all continued to chat for a while, but eventually Finn mentioned something.

"As much as I want to win this.......I know it would mean a lot to Mr. Schue if we did." He said and thinking about how this year went, he was right.

Music has always been a part of me in my soul and has helped me get through tough times. I looked forward to Glee practice as it meant I didn't need to go home and deal with my demons on my own. I could just get lost in the music and forget that my life was a mess even if it was only for an hour or so. I know I'm not the only one who uses music as an escape from reality and for some......Glee club is really the only place they can openly enjoy it and share it with others.

Mr. Schuester has done a lot for all of us, despite all the ups and downs, and if it wasn't for him persuading me to join Glee club I most definitely would have gone down a much darker path. As a teacher he has inspired and motivated me to do my best and to keep moving forward. I never realized how much he really means to me until now. He was the first person at this school to give me a chance to show everyone who I really was, to show I was better than the shitty reputation I made for myself when I didn't care what happened to me. 

He made me realize that I shouldn't care what others think and to just be myself. Of course he wasn't the only person who's helped me see that, but he was the one who started it and that's just as important. Maybe it's more. If something is never started, then there will be no progress.

"Then let's give it all we got and win this for him." I said, seeing them all turn to me, showing they agreed. 

I know they would have reacted quite differently several months ago. When I first joined they all hated me in varying degrees, but we all eventually fell onto the same page. The process of that wasn't easy and less than desirable for me personally, but sometimes you need something shocking to give people a reality check. While I wish it would have gone down differently, I'm pleased with how everything has turned out. We all understand each other now, or at least more than we used to, and that's helped us as a team.

TIME SKIP --> DAY BEFORE SEBASTIAN LEAVES 

Hunter's POV

"Psssttt...."

"Jeff I'm literally right next to you. We also are allowed to talk, it's group work." I said to him as he gave me an awkward face.

"Yeah but I don't wanna get in trouble. He scares me." He said, pointing to the teacher at the board and I understood why. The other week Jeff got detention for like.....nothing. Maybe he did something, but I wasn't exactly paying attention to him to be honest.