Chapter 51

Sebastian's POV

"Are you sure you have everything? Passport, phone, even extra pairs of underwear? Cause you never know." 

"Mom I'll be fine. I'm going to Chicago, not the moon." I joked back, trying to calm her down as we walked into the airport.

"We know.....it's just that.....we're going to miss you. I'm sorry we can't make it due to work." My dad said and I understood. After all the years they weren't in my life, now they are. We've gotten pretty close over these past months and even though this is basically just a field trip, there's more emotion behind it for all of us. 

"I know it sucks, but I also know work is important.......and I'll miss you too." I said before pulling them both into an awkward hug. I enjoyed the moment while it lasted, but I did need to head off soon.

"It isn't always about winning......but it wouldn't hurt if you did." My dad said as my mom gave him a look.

"What? I'm just telling the truth." He continued before reminding me to have fun.

"I'll try.....if Rachel and the others don't annoy me to death first." I told them as we approached the area where we'd have to part ways.

"Good luck. Remember to call us later, ok?" My mom asked and I nodded before I finally went on my way.

Nationals......here I come.

Its not like I haven't flown on a plane before, I would go with my aunt and uncle to Paris every summer growing up, but I never said I was a fan of flying. Thankfully I got a window seat and just stared out for most of the flight as I listened to music. By the time we landed, we made sure to go and check into the hotel we were staying at. We split up the team into 2 rooms, boys and girls, while Mr. Schuester got his own room of course. This will be fun.....maybe. 

Never thought I'd basically have 2 sleepovers back to back, but I wonder how the New Directions compare to the Warblers. The one main difference would have to be the lack of Hunter and multitude of gay people, but other than that teen boys are teen boys. We're a lot to handle, so I expect chaos.

"This room is pretty sweet." Finn said as he sat down on the couch as we walked into our room. 

"Ok, first things first. Who's sleeping with who? And not in the gay way of course. No offense Klaine." Puck stated as it was important. Taking a look at the room I noticed the ratio of beds to people meant that everyone had to share......great. I guess I don't mind sharing a bed with one of these guys, but it's different.....you know?

"Well it's obvious those 2 will share, but I'm cool with anyone. Just don't hog the blanket." Sam said.

After some back and forth, it was decided. Puck and Finn, Kurt and Blaine, Sam and Artie, and me and Mike. Mike's a pretty cool guy, so I didn't mind. We all got settled in before we had to meet up with the girls to practice and well.....it didn't go so smoothly. Before I knew it there was an argument that just turned into more of a fight and Mr. Schuester had to intervene. I felt bad, but I wasn't even the one who started it. It's obvious we're all a bit stressed, taking it out on each other, but thankfully we were able to calm down and get back to work.

Eventually it was time for bed, but I couldn't sleep. I gently tossed and turned, trying not to disturb Mike but thankfully he sleeps like a log. Actually he sleeps like a dead person if I'm being honest.....a bit creepy. Well if I can't sleep I might as well try to clear my head a bit. So being as quiet as I could, I snuck out of the room and walked around the halls. I know it's probably not the safest idea in a city like Chicago, but there's just something about walking down empty long hallways that feels somewhat surreal and calming.

Once A Warbler (Huntbastian)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें