Chapter 14

Sebastian's POV

Getting up in the morning is never easy, especially Monday mornings. Sleep seems like it wants to keep me from my life and I just want to curl up under the covers for as long as I can. Unfortunately, I have other some other responsibilities like school. I eventually got out of bed, heading to my bathroom to get dressed. I'm glad I have a bathroom attached to my room, giving me some privacy from my step-dad. There's just something about being naked that makes you feel extra vulnerable. 

I was feeling somewhat in a good mood today, choosing to wear a nicer outfit for once. I put on some khakis along with a grey long sleeve shirt and then adding a dark red bomber jacket. Styling my hair a bit with some gel and popping my shirt collar up, I was ready to take on the day. I put on my backpack as I left my room, but to my surprise I ran into my step-dad near the stairs.

I tried to ignore him even if he was trying to talk to me, but I didn't have the time to deal with him as I needed to get to school. Maybe I should have paid attention as I suddenly fell forward and down the stairs. As I landed at the bottom, I felt one of my books in my bag hit my back and it hurt more in the moment. Getting up to a sitting position, I saw my step-dad at the top of the stairs as he stared at me in silence before walking away.

I'm not sure what happened, but......did he push me? Or did I fall? Both could be highly likely, but  it scares me if he was the reason I fell. From what I can tell he's sober, as he never drinks in the morning due to work. So just knowing that he might have pushed me with clear and non intoxicated intentions makes me feel uneasy. I tried not to think too much of it as I quickly got up and made my way to school.

Classes were a bit boring like usual, but history made up for all that when Mr. Schuester put on a movie. It was a war movie, but it was still a movie that we didn't have to take notes on. As the day went on, I started to feel a bit sore but I tried to ignore it as we were finally going to be properly practicing for Sectionals. One important thing to get out of the way was perfecting our dancing.

Mr. Schuester thought it would be best for some if we did bootycamp......basically his word for mandatory dance practice. As I'm a pretty good dancer, I didn't need to be there for my personal benefit, but I still love to dance whenever I get the chance. Mike was helping teach some moves and we were doing some quick steps with a spin at the end. That doesn't sound very hard.

Though as I went to turn, I felt a somewhat sharp pain in my lower back and I actually fell for once. I never fall during dance practice and everyone obviously noticed.

"Sebastian, are you ok?" Mercedes asked as she helped me up.

"Yeah I'm fine. My sneakers just aren't great for spinning on this smooth floor." I told her, trying to ignore the stiffness I was feeling in my back as I tried to get back into it. I could tell some people looked at me weird, but eventually went back to whatever they were doing.

We continued to dance and I put up with the pain as we went onto different moves. I was doing a pretty good job until it came to one part. All the boys had this one part where some of us do a slide move on the floor before getting up and joining the rest. Now it was my turn.

Most of it I did fine, until I had to slide with my legs forward and back more to the floor. As I slid like that I must have been a bit too forceful and I felt that sharp pain again, only this time it was worse and I couldn't stand back up for a bit. Of course this had to happen now and everyone noticed. Mr. Schuester came over to me as I sat with my legs in front of me as I caught my breath for a moment.

"Sebastian, this is the second time you've messed up a move......are you sure you're ok?" He asked and I felt everyone's eyes on me. I need to think of an excuse. Any excuse.