Chapter 35: The Moment Of Truth

---------------------------------------------
KIAN'S POV:)
She comes out of operation and is in recovery. She looks somewhat pale and malnourished. She wakes up, but is very weak. "I'm sorry." she says weakly. "About what?" I remarked. "Putting you through this pain and worry." she says, tears in her eyes. "Don't worry. As long as you come back home healthier than ever, that's all that matters. During your surgery I dropped the kids off with Sam and Matt because I didn't want them to see their mom like this." I say tearing up. We have a long talk before she goes to sleep. I sleep next to her on the hospital bed. She wraps her arms around me and we both fall asleep within a matter of minutes.
---------------------------------------------
I wake up to doctors rushing in and waking me up. I was dreaming, thinking how my life would be without the love of life. "Is everything ok?" One doctor asks. "Yea why?" I asked. "Well because your hugging her and crying." he says. I didn't realize it but I was crying no was crying at facing the fact that if I lost the love of my life, I would have nothing. "Oh umm." is the only thing I manage to say. The doctor checks up on her and then leaves. Tammy's awake now and I kiss her soft lips once more before going to the cafeteria to get oatmeal. I don't take long before returning to her side. I eat my breakfast there, sharing most of it with her. Her skin color is returning back to normal and within a few days she's up and moving. I don't go with Sam or Matt for the days I was with Tammy in the hospital because I was afraid that if I left, she would go into cardiac arrest, or at least that's what the doctor said. He said it was better for me to stay. I called my kids everyday and wished them s goodnight.
---------------------------------------------
By week 2, Tammy's fully recovered. She's better than ever and overall, brings joy to my life. When we get home, our 2 almost 3 year old kids bombard her with hugs. "Guys be careful, remember that I told you mommy's hurt." I told them. "Sowy mommy." they say. "Its ok. it doesn't hurt mommy that much, but daddy's right. Be careful." She tells them. Her voice, it's music to my ears. There's one thing though. I need to tell Tammy, but I don't know when. She's barely recovered. I don't want anything to happen to her.
---------------------------------------------