Lothar 5: Marie's Family

Start from the beginning

"yeah, I did not want to tell any of you this, but I have to go through each of your trials in order to complete mine. I guess I was suppose to choose someone to come along with me to complete the other trials that we are yet to face. That must mean that I chose subconsciously, most likely due to Flaviana's healing ability. Flaviana's healing power has saved me from the brink of death, so I can see why I would have chosen her" I wonder if it stacks, our group could become very powerful if we are able to go through these trials and improve our abilities along the way. Marie looks to me and tilts her head.

"so what is supposed to happen now?" at least that question is going to be easy to answer. I do not know what to expect from the dungeon, so we could be teleported away from each other at any second.

"we are each going to be completing a trial that has been designed specifically to address something that has happened in our past" Scott and Amira look to each other, but I continue, "I am supposed to be present for each of your trials, but I do not know what is going to happen with Flaviana, since she has already completed her trial. We are very likely going to be scattered into the dungeon and separated from each other, since that is what happened with the first set of trials" as I break out of my focus on speaking to the group, I can no longer see Marie or Scott. Standing in-front of me, are only Flaviana and Amira. Amira's blue hair shines in the dungeon as she looks to each side of her surroundings.

"where did Marie and Scott go? Were they teleported just as you said?" that is the most reasonable explanation for their sudden disappearance. Now we have to await for Amira's trial to begin.

"this happened during the previous trials, I am sure we are going to be starting your trial any time now" Amira looks around our surroundings for any signs of her trial. I was eager to begin my first trial too, but now I know that I should never be so eager to face the demons that haunt me. Flaviana looks to Amira and tilts her head in confusion.

"Amira, I can't see your weapon, and you aren't holding it. What weapon were you given for this dungeon?" Amira reaches at her side and brings her arm out, revealing that she is now holding a whip. She looks to the weapon with a sombre face. She makes a forced laugh and sighs.

"if this trial has anything to do with my actions back then, this weapon is almost poetic" so Amira has something that she has been keeping to herself for some time?

"does you husband or daughter know about what you have been keeping to yourself? Do they know about what ever you fear we may face?" Amira looks to me and shakes her head.

"I would never tell them about it, it is too unforgivable for me to even bring myself to speak of it" how bad could it have been? I am sure that Burke's troubled past is the worst one thus far, even Kalos' was extremely troubling to hear. There is no way that Amira's secret could be that bad.

"since we are likely going to be facing whatever is troubling you, would you like to inform us on what we will be fighting?" Amira's eyes crumple up, with tears welling around her eyelids.

"we are either going to be facing elite secret police, or we are going to be facing my old friends" why would we be fighting her old friends? Why would we also be possibly fighting secret police?

"Amira, did you have an experience involving the secret police during one of the wars?" Amira nods to me and looks out towards the area in-front of us.

"during the Independence Wars, it happened when the Irish Empire took control of the area of Sweden where I lived during my childhood. I may have made some poor choices which led to an unfortunate fate for those who I cared about" secret police being paired with 'unfortunate fate for those I cared about' makes it very obvious as to what you did, Amira.