Lothar 2: The First Trial

Start from the beginning

"let's just assume that our weapons are the weakest versions and fight as if they do little-to-no damage" Burke nods, and positions his war hammer to be ready for an attack at any moment, instead of just resting on his shoulder. The disembodied voice from before returns once again.

"the first trial for all of you, is the trial of Jealousy. Before you face the powerful monster, face some weaker enemies" from the shadows on the ground, some small, brown humanoids emerge, pushing themselves onto their feet. From the few identifiable features of the enemies, I believe they are Dirt Goblins.

"it seems we have some Dirt Goblins to kill" I move my battle axe out in preparation for the fight, and move in-front of Beth to take the first few attacks. Burke also steps out so that we are the focus of the attacks. My battle axe and Burke's war hammer will deal enough damage to the goblins, the two of us are going to be enough to defeat them. Burke looks to his war hammer, and then turns his head to my battle axe.

"I am sure you already know that the power of our weapons should be enough for us to kill them" I nod to Burke and turn to face the Dirt Goblins. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Kalos, Flaviana and Beth stepping back to allow the two of us to fight the goblins unhindered. Each of the goblins charge towards us, five in total. I move to the side which has three, while Burke moves around me to position himself on the side which has the remaining two goblins. Placing my faith in Burke and his skill with his war hammer, I rush towards the three goblins, I trust that he will be able to defeat those two other goblins. The three goblins split up into a pincer attack, with one at each side and the last one attacking from directly in-front of me. These monsters seem to be formidable foes, considering they are supposed to be among the weakest monsters in the dungeons. It would be very embarrassing if one of us were to be either defeated or killed here. The first two goblins leap towards me, swinging their daggers at me. Because they are using such short-ranged weapons, they will not be able to block the attacks of my battle axe. The moment I swing my battle axe, the expressions on the two goblins' faces change to dread. My battle axe breaks past the first ones guard, carving into the monster's stomach and cleaving it in half. My battle axe continues to cut through the air, quickly coming into contact with the other goblin's neck. Before the goblin's head can hit the ground, I feel something pierce my belly. I look down to find the final goblin directly underneath me, between my legs, holding a spear which is lodged in my belly. While my battle axe swung through the air and cut through the two goblins on either side of me, the last goblin must have evaded it and took advantage of my open guard. The intense pain is not spreading through my body, but it is still present, and it is only remaining in the area where the goblin's spear is. I reach down, grip onto the goblin's spear, and snap it into two pieces. The goblin steps back in a panic, lowering his wooden rod. With no weapon to defend his body, I swing my battle axe towards him, cutting into his body and severing his left arm. The goblin falls to it's knees immediately, shaking violently and screaming out. In order to quickly end it's suffering and stop the monster's annoying screams, I swing my battle axe down onto it's head, shattering the goblin's skull. As the monster falls to the ground, I turn to see how Burke is doing. There is one goblin lying dead on the ground, but the other one must have attacked him while he was still recovering from swinging such a large weapon, because he is kneeling on the ground, while the goblin is running towards him. To think, we have almost been defeated by a few goblins. With a rage rising in my body, I throw my battle axe towards the goblin, who is paying no attention to me. My battle axe spins through the air and cracks into the goblin's skull the moment it reaches him. As the goblin falls, Burke's face comes into my view, showing a panicked face. I force out a laugh to calm the atmosphere.

"ha, how embarrassing" the strength in my legs gives out for only a split second, but that is enough for me to fall onto the ground. I can hear a set of hurried footsteps coming towards me. Two of them pass by me, while one stops at my side. I roll my body over to see who has decided to help me. Beth is standing over me, looking at the wound near my stomach that the goblin was able to land on me.