Lothar 1: The Leader's Trial

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"how am I going to know if I find good gear?" Bengelon's eyes light up and he raises his head, as if he has just remembered something. He holds his hand to his side, creating a strange tear in the air and reaches into the strange small portal. He pulls out a small tablet-like screen.

"this thing right here is what you are going to need to see the stats, traits, name and rarity of the gear you find. It is called the Dungeon Item Interface, or D.I.I for short" Bengelon walks over to me and hands over the tablet. The moment I grab a hold of the D.I.I, the whole thing lights and a light shoots through the veins in my hand which is holding onto it. I should be panicking right now, but I do not feel any fear.

"what is it doing?" Bengelon steps closer to me and leans over to look at the screen of the tablet. As I look over it, the screen activates, showing me a display of what I can only consider to be my body on the left side of the screen, while a grid of squares is on the right side of the screen.

"the D.I.I just scanned your body. Now you will be able to see what you are wearing, the state of your health, and what you are carrying. It is sort of like one of those video games" yeah, this is sort of giving me the feeling of playing a video game, but unlike a video game, I am actually at risk of dying.

"don't you dare try to compare this damn place to a video game. There is a very real possibility that any one of us are going to die in this place" Bengelon sighs and nods in agreement.

"yeah, you are right. The position as a god tends to cloud my eyes and prevent me from seeing the dangers that such things could pose to mere mortals such as yourselves. I suppose I could at least provide each of you with a starting weapon to fight these monsters with" Bengelon reaches into a tear in the air, pulling a metal battle axe out of it. He hands it over to me without a moment to spare, and an icon appears in my field of vision, blocking out most of what is directly in-front of me. Holding the battle axe in my hand, I turn to Bengelon for his input.

"what exactly am I looking at right now?" Bengelon points to the battle axe and places his other hand on his face, facepalming as if I just said something stupid.

"since you are holding onto the D.I.I, you will experience this whenever you come into contact with an item which the D.I.I recognises. It is kind of like a heads-up display. It should tell you all the details of this item in a moment" the icon transforms into a box full of text and an image of the weapon I am holding. The text reads as 'Standard Battle Axe', with the labels of 'damage tier' with 'weak mortal & immortal enemies' and 'damage type' with 'cutting'. It has some more text, but I can hardly read it.

"hey Bengelon. I can read the name of the weapon and the damage stuff, but what is the other text I can't read?" Bengelon shakes his head to me and points to the battle axe.

"in order to read into that item's soul, you will need to use it in every fight you can. The more you use it, the closer you will become to that item. Once your bond with the axe has strengthened enough, the soul in it will start to speak to you. Eventually, something amazing will happen, but I am not going to ruin that surprise" alright then, don't tell me. Guess I will just have to wait for it to happen.

"is there anything important that I should know about the dungeon are there any secret dangers which might be a problem for us?" Bengelon shakes his head, but also shrugs to me.

"I would like to say that there is nothing to worry about besides the trials you will be facing, but these dungeons never have been predictable. We can only hope that this venture into the dungeon will go according to plan" I hope that 'according to plan' means what I want it to mean.

"and by according to plan, you mean the trials, right?" Bengelon nods to me and turns to walk over to where my group is gathered, by the doorway of the dungeon.