Chapter 34

Izuku's POV:

Katsuki and I have been dating for the past six months. We graduated from UA a few years back. Around the third month we were together he moved in with me. Things have been absolutely great. We spend our days off just sitting on our couch cuddling and playing video games or watching something.

Today he's not having a great day because something happened with his mother and he's worried about her. He's been asleep since last night and hasn't gotten out of bed. I'm a bit worried about him because this isn't really like him. He's usually up before I am. It's about 11am right now. I go to the kitchen and make him something to eat for breakfast. It only takes about ten minutes.

I just went with something small. A simple cup of coffee and eggs on toast. I bring it to our room and gently wake him up. He looks up at me.

"Good morning."I say, making sure to speak softly.

"Morning. What time is it?"

"It's about 11 right now."

"Oh. I had no idea I slept in that late."

"It's alright that you did. You needed the sleep. I made you something to eat if you feel up to eating."

"I'd like that. Thank you."

"Of course."

He sits up against the pillows. I hand him his plate of food and set his coffee on the nightstand. He kisses me a few times.

"You don't have to take care of me you know."He says with a smile.

"I like doing it. And it makes you happy so that's a win-win."

"Thank you."

"Of course Puppy. Do you want me to turn on the TV or anything?"

"Can you cuddle me while I eat?"

"Yeah."

I kiss his forehead then walk over to my side of the bed and get into bed next to him. He smiles and leans into me while he eats. I wrap one arm around him. I kiss the side of his head.

"Thank you for being so good to me."He says.

"You do the same for me. It's a mutual thing."

"I try to."

"You do really well at it."

"I hope so."

"If you don't mind talking about it, what's going on?"

"It's just that lately my mother's been on and off pissed off at me for something. I can never tell what but it's starting to take an actual toll on me. I tried to ask her to stop or at least tell me what's wrong but every time I do she won't listen to me. So I just started not answering her because if she won't listen and is just gonna keep going off on me for something that she refuses to explain then I don't see a reason I need to keep talking to her and trying. It's become a pretty fucking colossal waste of time.'

"How long has this been going on Puppy?"

"Like two months. I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to worry you. So I just tried to diffuse it myself but it didn't work."

"I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Just keep being good to me. Keeps me sane and happy."

"I can do that. Do you want me to talk to her for you? Maybe see if she'll tell me what's going on so you two can fix things."

"I don't know. I don't want to drag you into this too."

"Okay."

"But you just being a good boyfriend and helping me out is helping a lot."

"I hope so. I just don't like it when you're upset like this."

"I know you don't. But I'll be okay. It just isn't exactly pleasant having that going on while I'm trying to focus on being happy with you and making my life easier."

"That's understandable. Things are gonna be okay."

"I hope they are."

"I'll help out where I can and we can go from there okay?"

"Okay."

He quietly finishes eating. He kisses me a few times when he's done.

"I love you."He says.

"I love you too."

He cuddles up to me more.