Chapter 10: The Letter

Katsuki POV:

I walk into the coffee shop that I've gone to every day since I graduated from UA. And because Deku and I can't seem to stay away from each other for long he does too. I order a cup of coffee then go sit down at a table in the back. I scroll through social media on my phone. When I hear the door open I glance up and see Deku walk in. I curse to myself and pray he didn't notice. 

Of course because it's just my luck he did. He smirks. I raise an eyebrow. He orders something at the counter and hands the cashier an envelope. I just go back to what I was doing. A few minutes later a waiter delivers my coffee as well as an envelope. I just take my cup of coffee and the letter. The waiter walks away. I take a sip of my coffee and look at the envelope. It's plain white with my name on it. I raise an eyebrow and just slip it in my pocket. I quietly sip my coffee and do whatever on my phone. When I'm done I get up and walk to my apartment. When I get there I take the letter out of my pocket, toss my jacket on the back of my couch and go to my room. 

I sit down on my bed and look at the envelope again. It just looks like a letter. I just open the envelope and take the piece of paper out. It's very clearly Deku's handwriting. I roll my eyes and read through the letter. 

The letter says:

I'm not even gonna try and write this in actual letter format. I wish I could've just said it out loud but every time I look at you I can't speak properly. So here's the way I can say it without completely embarrassing myself. I know that this is probably one-sided but I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time. I couldn't tell you how long because I don't even know. 

I know that this is completely out of the blue and you're probably extremely confused right now. I get it. But I figured you have the right to know. 

I don't know how to explain it in words. But for as long as I can remember every time I've looked you I've felt like if you looked back at me I'd melt. At first I thought it was just admiration but as we started growing up it became more than that. Whenever we'd talk back in UA my knees went weak and I'd fuck up my words no matter how hard I tried to keep my composure. I spend so much of my time imagining what it'd be like to hold you, to kiss you, to actually be able to talk to you the way I want to. But I knew I had to start with telling you. I'm not gonna even try to keep this anonymous. You'd see right through it immediately. 

I'm sorry I had to do it like this. Call me if you want to talk or anything. Even if you don't feel the same that's fine. I just would rather you tell me that so I know if I should move on or not. 

-Izuku

I reread the letter a few times. Then I slip it back in the envelope and set it on my nightstand. I get up and just walk to Deku's apartment. I don't even fucking know what I'm gonna say. But I have to see him. I'm not just gonna call him. When I get to his apartment I knock on his door. He answers pretty fast. The adrenaline gets to me and I just grab him by his shirt collar and kiss him hard. He's surprised at first but leans into it eventually. When I pull away he just stands there in shock. 

"I don't fucking know what I feel about you. I just don't. But you- I didn't know you saw me as anything other than your childhood friend or whatever. I also thought you were straight. I'm not gonna yell at you for that letter. Because as much as you frustrate me when you mentioned how nervous you got in that it made me realize you really are in love with me for some fucking reason. I'm gonna go."I say. 

"Kacchan wait."

"What?"

"Can we talk about this?"

"Fine."

"Look I  know it's weird. But I had to say it. Like I said though every time I've tried to tell you I just melt completely. I can't get you out of my head no matter how hard I try. I don't expect you to have an answer right away. It's a lot to take."

"It's not weird dumbass. It's just that knowing that you're in love with me and realizing all the little ways you showed that growing up is a lot. Like I told you. I have no fucking idea how I feel about you. Obviously the way I've responded to you since we were kids looks like I hate you. But I know that isn't the case. I've assumed that if I'm a dick to you then it'll push you away so I don't have to look you in the eyes and actually tell you what I'm thinking. It didn't fucking work. Which is fine. Apparently there's a reason for that. If you were so in love with me and I constantly acted like I hated you why stick around? Wouldn't that give you the feeling I didn't feel the same?"

"For some reason I had a feeling you acting like you hated me wasn't the case. Which I was obviously right. But I can't shake the feeling that this isn't really one sided."

"I can't tell you if it is or not. I just don't get it."

"You don't have to. From my very limited experience in relationships I'm 99.9% sure from that kiss it's not one sided by any means. Nobody who isn't in love with the person they kissed would kiss like you did just then. I know you're confused. But just think about it."

"Maybe I do feel the same. But I don't know. There's really no way to test it. Yes, I think about you pretty much constantly but you're around constantly."

"Even if you're around someone that much you wouldn't think about them constantly. What are you thinking about when you think about me?"

"If I answer that you're gonna pretty much catch on fire."

"Please?"

"Ugh fine. It's just a range of sexual shit to cute shit."

He raises an eyebrow. 

"Don't even."I say. 

"Hot."

"Oh my god."

"Can I try something?"

"Is it about this shit?"

"Yes."

"Fine."

He kisses me a few times. My face goes red. 

"You're definitely in love with me."He says. 

"Kay."

"I'm a little surprised you're so calm about that."

"You just fucking kissed me. Of course I'm gonna be calm."

"Fair enough. Do you wanna try this?"

"You know what? Because I actually did enjoy it when you kissed me , yes."

He smiles and kisses me hard. 

A/N:I just wanted to put out another chapter real quick. This one is actually quite long. But thank you guys so much for 74 reads. I genuinely didn't think anyone would read this book so I am very thankful that y'all did. Thank you guys. I appreciate all of you. I really hope you guys are enjoying this book. It's a lot of fun to write. that's all. Have a wonderful day. :)