"Hey, buddy. I'm sorry. My friends were being idiots just now. What were you saying?"

"You said the forbidden words, Calum. Mummy is gonna be really mad at you"

I laugh at his remark and also guilty cause he has to listen to my foul mouth. 'Sorry, buddy. I was out of control. Don't tell mummy, please".

"Okay, I won't. With one condition", sneaky child. I guess where did he got that from.

"What is it, Tommy?"

"Hmmmmm, maybe another car?",

I smile so wide, "sure, I can do that. I can even buy you 2 cars if you want"

"3 then"

Is this kid for real? He's negotitating with me? "Isn't 3 too much, bud?"

"Then I'll tell mummy you said the F and S word..."

Is he blackmailing me now? Okay, I'm convinced that this adorable evil genius is my son and Shay's. 

"Okay okay, 3 cars".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm stoked to meet Shay and Tommy again at the beach, I really miss Tommy throughout the week and I'm glad to meet Shay again. 

I see Shay's Camry at the beach parking, I put on my sunglasses and turn my cap around and walk to the car. I go Tommy's side of the window and pressed my nose against it. He jumped a little and finally laugh so hard. Shay walk out of the car and walk to the passenger door to bring him out.

"Okay, joker. You're gonna make him out of breath", she smiles at me. I can see that she's wearing her favourite cap. I give way for her to take Tommy out of his carseat. 

"Er,Shay?"

She carries Tommy and put him down on the ground and hold his hand, "yeah?"

I take out my cap and mess up my hair and I can see Shay rolls her eyes on me, "what is it Calum? What is it that you want to say?"

"Isn't Tommy too old for a car seat?"

As I finish that question, Shay has her arms crossed. She looks right at me, "Tommy, baby. Take your beach toys at under your car seat". As Tommy digs under his carseat at his bottom is stuck out from the car, Shay uncrossed her arms. 

"He's not old, he's five"

"He's five and too old for being in a carseat". Okay, she turns her cap backwards. I know what that means.

"He's kinda small for his age, and he looks like a pea when he's on the big seat. Let him a grow a little taller then I'll get rid of the carseat", she said. 

"He's not that small!", I extend my hand at Tommy's direction. 

"He is! Among his friends, he's the smallest".

"He's the shortest, not the smallest", I said.

"What difference does it make?", she laughs at my remark.

"There's a difference". 

"Oh yeah? What?", she crosses her arms again waiting for my answer. Okay, maybe short and small does not have a difference when you're 5 but he doesn't need a carseat anymore. His legs are basically hanging over the carseat. 

"I'm just saying that he is able to sit on his own without the car seat", I exclaimed. 

Tommy pull out his body with his beach toys in his hand, "got it! Let's build the biggest sandcastle, Calum!"