Chapter 51

Long chapter alert:)

Mia's POV

I waited for hours, asking the guards around the mansion if they've heard something from Dante or the others. But the answer was always the same:'No'.

I sat down back on the stairs. I was suprised Lucia didn't come and bother me. I could tell she likes Dante very much. I could only imagine her being in her room crying that he left her here. I was hoping she wasn't so stupid to go after them.

I was wondering if they would be able to kill Hayden and return safely. And then again I was really nervous if Aldric will be alright. What if Michelle can't remove the curse. I was frustrated, anxious and helpless.

I didn't really insist on going cause I didn't want to be in the way or be a burden.

About two more hours went by and I finally heard the sound of cars pulling up by the front door.

I ran to the door opening it. I saw Liams men jump out of the car and run to the back. Soon Dante could be seen. He looked barely alive. Blood was everywhere.
They brought him inside and to the medics room. Followed by my mother and Nina.

I ran after them but they wouldn't let me inside. I just wanted to see if Dante was alright. I wanted to know if he will survive. My mother and Nina were passed out. They probably weren't in such a bad comdition like Dante since they hardly gave them attention.

The door opened and I wanted to go inside but one of the doctors pushed me away.

- I'm sorry but you can't enter. We need to operate him to get rid of the bullet.

- Bullet?

- It hit the aorta. He's lost a lot of blood but we'll try everything we can.

- What are the chances of him surviving?

I ask scared of the answer.

- I can't tell you that now but I'll give you updates if anything happens.

I nod and look down. I really hope he'll be fine.

I looked to my side and saw Michelle pace over to a table and back to a room. I followed her.

The door was left open and I saw Aldric laying on a bed. He looked terrible. He was even paler than usual and he was so thin. He lost a lot of weight in so little time.
I went inside and sat down beside him on the chair.

His dark hair fell on his forehead a little longer. His eyes had dark circles and bags underneath. He was so cold. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and keep him warm.

I felt my eyes fill with tears. I couldn't bare to see him in such a state. Michelle's hand was on my shoulder now. I knew what she meant. She had to start lifting his curse. I was scared he won't remember anything. But if that happens I'll try my best to remind him.

I let my head hung low and I walked outside. I sat down on the stares again close to both of their rooms. I didn't know if Aldric or Dante will wake up first but I want to be there for both of them.

After a few hours of sitting there Michelle came outside with a wide smile.
I looked at her not understanding why she was happy.

- It worked! He's okay.

I sighed in relief. Giving her a quick hug I ran inside and found Aldric looking around the unfamiliar room. My mood slightly faltered remembering he lost his memory.

I went more inside and he looked at me.

- Mia you're okay!

I was taken aback. He remembered who I am. I was so happy.