Chapter 35

Warning: mention of suicide

Mia's POV

- Kill the brothers.

The idea of me obeying this order of his, sent sevral chills down my spine. Imagining that Aldric could be gone. That I would never get to see him again had my heart throbbing with pain. The thought of Dante dying didn't please me that much but I still didn't wish death upon him.

It was wrong to wish anyone to die. I didn't want to kill anyone. And definitely not the person that held the key to my heart. Hayden was an exception he could go dig a hole and die.

- And what makes you think I'll do that? I could always tell them the truth and go against you, you know.

- I still have your life in my hands.

- And what makes you think I care about my life. Do you know how much shit I've been through since I was dragged here?!
Crying myself to sleep all the way to attempting suicide.

My voice cracked at the last part.

- If anything makes you think I'm less depressed and I care about my life a bit more then I used to, then your wrong.

It was true. I really didn't want to live. But knowing that I get to see Aldric even if it was once a week, it gave me strength to get out of bed and carry on. I knew it would be selfish of me to give up and cause him so much pain. He didn't deserve that.

- Believe me little one when I say I can see through you.
You might hate living but there's still a reason. That dipshit named Aldric.

- And you think I'm gonna kill him?

I scoffed at his unbelievable thought.
How could he assume I would do that.

- Come in.

He called out.

I looked up when I heard the heavy metal door openen once again.

A broad, tall man walked in. Thus guy was almost just muscle. His skin was pale and he looked rather scary. He had a baseball bat in his hand. The old wooden thing made me panic. I wondered what he was going to do with me.

Hayden or my so called 'father' spoke.

- There's no need for that. Enjoy yourself with her. She'll learn the hard way.

The mans eyes darkened. His muscled body walking closer towards me. A loud bang filled the room as Hayden shut the door behind him.

- Stay away from me you piece of shit.

- Or what?

He asked with a bit of amusment in his tone.

- I'm going to punch you right in the face and break your nose.

I was suprised at my sudden confidence.

- I'd like to see you try.

He said with a chuckle.

I was about to lift my hand but he was faster than me, and grabbed it pinning my hands above my head.

- Not so tough now, hm?

His eyes turned dark, and honestly it was scary.

His gaze drifted away from mine and started moving down my body. I felt uncomfartable under his stare.

- Hey my eyes are up here!

I said with another wave of confidence in me.

- I'm going to cut your tongue out if you don't shut up.