Chapter 36

Mia's POV

I waited on the floor to regain my strength. The sound of the door lock clicking had me flinch. And the sight of my biological father walk in had me panicking.

- Will you do it now?

He asked in an amused tone.

I didn't have the strength to respond.

- Should I call him back in for another round?

His threatning voice made my eyes widen and I slowly shook my head side to side.
I felt like I was on the edge of passing out.

Right now that would've been better than to continue this conversation with this monster.

- Good girl.

He replied coming over and patting my head. He clicked his fingers and two strong men came in and lifted me of the ground.

- Take her to her room.

They did as told and carried me out of this hell hole.

I let my head hang low as they carried me.

My vision was blurry, but I saw a large wooden white door appear. They took me inside and laid me down on the bed.

I was finding it extremely hard to keep my eyes open but I tried my best.

I was afraid what would happen to me, if I shut my eyes just for a moment in this shitty place.

I was hoping Aldric was looking for me.
That he hadn't given up searching for me.

Aldric's POV

We asked everyone who had passed this door or was in this room. None of them saw who took her, or they said no one had entered the room.

I was furious. Who would dare take her. My heart was breaking to pieces as time passed by and there was no sign of her.

Flashbacks came back when I first saw her. The awfull things she'd gone through. And now someone took her and she has to suffer even more.

I was blaming myself. I should've taken better care of her and looked adter her more. And I failed such a simple task.

I could tell she was far away. Her presence not being near me hurt.
If this goes on for a few days or a couple of weeks we'd both go weak and she'll die.
I wouldn't get to see her beautiful smile form on her lips, and her twinkling mischivious eyes. Her funny comebacks and her almost never fading confidence to stand up for herself.

I went back to the room to look for more clues but there was nothing.

- Care to explain?

I turned around and saw my uncle standing by the door. His arms crossed over his chest and his eyes furious.

- Actually...no.

I said continuing my search.

- How dare you mark a human girl?!

I sighed and met his gaze.
He came inside and shut the door behind him.

- You know what the consequences are!

- Why are you mad?! I'm the one who's in trouble not you, and it doesn't have the slightest bit to do with you!

I was starting to have enough of his nonsense.

- Why couldn't you have just chose one of the girls I introduced to you?!

- Cause they were all weak sluts and none of them were like Mia!