Chapter 44

I think this song sort of goes with Mia's mood at the begining.

...............................................

Mia's POV

He looked at me confused.

- H-How do you know?

I sniffed and watched as he moved closer to me setting himself down on the bed.

- Hayden just called you from Aldrics phone. I picked up. He told me Aldric was dead.

More tears came rushing down my face as I said it out loud. Just the thought was enough to make me cry. But saying it out loud was a whole new thing.

- I want to kill him. I want to kill that person who says he's my father I've had it with him.

I looked at him he didn't say anything. He sat there with no emotion on his face.

I wiped my tears from my face trying to seem less of a crybaby. He reached out one arm and took my shoulder pulling me onto his chest. I could tell the news shocked him and probably hurt as much for him as it did for me.

His face still didn't show emotion. It looked like it was made of stone.

- What will we do now?
I asked trying to get myself together.

He didn't say anything and just kept rubbing my shoulder. I gave up trying to get an answer from him. It took up to much of my energy to try and get to him. I laid there with my head on his chest until I cried myself to sleep.

Dante's POV

The news of my younger brother dying caught me off gaurd. It couldn't be true. He was a fighter he wouldn't have gone that easily.

I kept my emotions to myself not letting Mia see how broken I was inside. I was the older one. I should've been the one who died. Not him.

Mia felt heavier. I looked at her and found her sound asleep. Her tear stained cheeks were red and her lips were plump.

I wanted to feel those lips on mine again.
But I knew I messed up my chance with her a long time ago.

I moved her more onto the bed laying her head on a pillow and covering her with a blanket. I moved away grabbing a pillow to sleep on the sofa, before she grabbed my hand. She was half sleeping. Even at a moment like this her state made me chuckle.

- Please don't leave me aswell.

Her words were touching. It was my fault she lost the people who were important to her. If I wouldn't have told Aldric to get her on that night none of this would've happened. She would be at home living her life peacfully and my brother wouldn't be dead.

It was my fault that so many people left her. People that were important to her. Her mother wasn't dead yet, but I couldn't garuntee her saftey either.

I was just like him.

I watched as another tear slipped from her closed eye and rolled down her cheek.

I wanted to comfort her but I didn't know how. I tried to except the fact that my brother wasn't with us anymore but I found it hard. There were so many thing I should've told him. I should've taken better care of him.

But I didn't.

And now I didn't have the chance to make all this right.

The best thing I could do was be there for her. I did as she asked and stayed by her side. I laid down beside her and pulled her closer to me. She turned around and snuggled into my chest. I felt a bit happy that I could finally do something nice for her. I was going to be there for her not like when I should've been there for Aldric and I wasn't.