Chapter 43

Mia's POV

We were sat on the stairs infront of the small wooden cabin. The sun was starting to rise. The sight was beautiful. I was leaning against Dante with my head on his chest.

It was unusual to not hear his heartbeat but it didn't matter. His hand was wrapped around me and he was rubbing my back trying to calm me.

After I stopped crying I got lost in the beautiful colors of the dawn.

- Come on, let's go inside.

His voice was softer than usual, but probably because he didn't want me to get worked up and start crying again.

- I want to stay a bit longer.

He sat back down.

- The sun will hurt you. Your no longer human, Mia.

And that's all it took for tears to flood my eyes. I thought I didn't have any left but I was wrong.

- Come on.

He helped me up and we went inside. There was only one bed and a sofa.
He laid me down in the bed and left me alone.

I was so angry. I was finally with Aldric again, and now he was gone. Again.
I hated myself. I should've killed Hayden when I had the chance. But I didn't cause I'm a weak slut who's only good to be thrown around, to be used and hurt.

- Stop thinking that.

Dante walked back inside.

- I told you to stop being in my head.

I turned away from him.

- You didn't think I would just stand here and wait for you to finally tell me half the truth to why your crying?

He sat down on the bed.

- I'm a vampire now. How can you still look into my thoughts?

- Cause you becoming a vampire didn't change that much, I still drank your blood when you were human, I can still be in your head.

- Then I'd like you to get out.

I snuggled into the soft sheets and wiped my tears with them.

He let out a long sigh.

- How did you turn into a vampire?

I huffed, angry that I had to tell him this now.

- Long story short, my mother slept with Hayden, got pregnant, Hayden took me to a witch named Adriana she put a curse on me after an accident to stay a human, and after Hayden caught and planned killing you, he turned me back into a vampire and that's how I was able to attend that stupid ball.

He nodded his head and stood up, not saying another word.

- Get some rest.

He walked outside and shut the door. I felt lonley. I wanted someone beside me.

...

The door swung open and in walked around ten armed men. I sat up on my bed and stared at them with wide eyes.

One of them was holding Dante.
They threw him infront of me on the floor. I watched his beaten body shake and his head hang low.

The armed men cleared the way and an all too familliar man walked in with a suit.

- Hayden?

I asked quietly.

I couldn't believe it. They couldn't have found us so fast.