Chapter 49

Mia's POV

I rested my eyes as I was laying on his chest. His breathing was slow and there was no heartbeat.

- It's unusual that you're not that warm anymore.

He chuckled.

- Yeah it's weird, and drinking blood is weird aswell. I hate to make people horny just so I feel full.

He chuckled again resting his chin on top of my head.

- It's okay you'll learn.

It was nice being so close to him. I snuggled more into his chest. His arm around me tightened.

It was calm and cozy. The coldness outside didn't bother me since it was nice and warm in his embrace. I grabbed a blanket pulling it over me and him. I let my head fall back onto his chest.

- If Aldric would be here in his state right now, he'd kill me. You know that right?

I smiled a bit letting out a laugh. It was true. Aldric was very violent with the curse on him. I wonder what Liam had found out.

- He wouldn't hurt you that much.

- And why is that?

- First of all; because he's your brother. Second of all; I wouldn't let him beat you to death.

- Well that's comforting.

- I know.

I pretended to take that as a complement to maybe get his mind off of things.

- Dante?

- Hmm?
He hummed in response.

- I don't mean to be rude and all but how old are you?

- 123.

I sat up my eyes wide and holding back a laugh.

- Woah! You look damn good for a grandpa.

- Hey I'm not old, and I'm not a grandpa.

He said with a pouty face.

- Well you're not young.

He was about to say something when a knock was on the door.
Liam walked in followed by an older woman.

- Hey Liam How old are you?

- 124. Why?

I bursted into laughter.

- You're even older than him then.

I laughed pointing at Dante who seemed to be fighting a smile.

- Yeah and I learnt a lot of things in 124 years. One of them is to cut out someones tongue while they're asleep. Haven't tried it yet but keep pissing me off and I might.

I stayed quiet and looked down. Still fighting a smile from forming on my lips.

- Now this is wonderful lady here is Michelle. She offered to help our research. She's also a witch.

- Oh it's very kind of you to help us.

I said standing up going up to her.

- Of course dear!

She seemed so sweet.
My mom would've loved her.
My smile was replaced by a frown. Everynight eversince I was taken from that garage I wondered if she was alright. Now I know she's alive. But I have no idea if Hayden had killed her since I left. This thought crossed my mind everynight before bed and I just wanted to think the best. If he didn't have something to threaten me with then I wouldn't listen to him. Although he could kill Nina as a warning. This thought sent shivers up my spine.