Chapter 45

Short chapter alert!!!

Mia's POV

I woke up and found Dante's arm wrapped around me. His breathing was slow and he wasn't as cold as always. His dark strands of hair were almost covering his eyes. I moved it to the side with my finger and found something.

There was an ugly wound. I couldn't believe I hadn't realized it before. I was so busy with myself and well-being, that I didn't even ask how he was physically. I knew mentally he wasn't doing well. Neither of us were. But we both tried to stay strong. I wondered what the story was behind this small wound.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the dried blood, wondering what it would be like if it was still fresh.

I quickly turned away from him. I was breathing heavily thinking I had gone insane.

I threw his arm off of me and grabbed his shirt off the ground pulling it over my head. I needed some fresh air.

I went outside and sat down on the old soaked wooden steps. The cool night breez hit my face. I looked around. Suprisingly I saw way better in the dark now. The places of the trees were visible and I could almost see everything. Even that weird shadow moving around by the trees.

My eyes widened. Could it be Hayden?

I stood up and went down the last step, trying to get a clearer view. He was moving slowly. At first it seemed like he was walking away from me, but then I saw his dark red eyes that were almost clearly visible in the dark. I got scared.

I was mentally ready to run back in the house and tell Dante that someone's outside. But my body wouldn't move an inch. My knees went weak and my hands were trembling. I looked at the thin figure that was growing closer. I shut my eyes and tried to move my legs. I couldn't get myself to run. For some reason I wanted to stay.

I was finding it harder to breath. I was able move my hands and the weakness in my knees had gone. I was able to take a step back. Once taking another step I turned around and ran back inside slamming the door.

The best Idea that came into my mind at the moment was to block the door with a chair. And so I did.

I ran back into the bedroom and shook Dante. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at me with confusion written all over his face.

- What's wrong?
His voice was sleepy and husky.

- There's someone outside.
I said panicking.

He stood up and quickly put on his pants.
I went to the kitchen and grabbed a pan from the stove, which was the closest thing.

He went over to the door and opened it.

A loud clang filled the room as I dropped the pan. Both of their attentions on me now. My jaw hung as I took in the man standing before me.

I ran to him and hugged him so tightly.

- It's okay.

- You're not dead!!

I said overexcited.

- I will be If you strangle me to death.

I quickly let go. And looked at him up and down. He had already healed. I wonder why Hayden said he was dead.

I figured it was probably a trap for me to hand over Dante.

We moved aside letting him in.

The next thing I knew was Dante laying on the floor from how hard Aldric had hit him.

I gasped and quickly knelt down to see if he was alright. He seemed fine. It was stupid of me to think a punch would hurt him.

- You deserved that brother

.............................................

Hey!!

I know this very little but I'm a bit messed up with one of my characters purpose and personality.

I wonder which one you think it is.

Also I'm still trying to tie the loose ends together so sorry if this chapter or the one's before sucked I'm trying.

Hope it's not that bad though.

         | Vote | Follow | Comment |

               | Word Count: 690 |