Ashwin smiles, he waves bye to all and drive his way to Bangalore. "Enaku Kalyanam ayidicha... itha naan poi en office sonna enna eppadi kalaipaangalo theiryala. Athuvum en partner Sarath enna vechu seiya poren."

After almost driving for 250+ Kilometres Ashwin stops the car to take a break. He is in two minds - if he has to ask her or just ignore, as if he cares a damn about Sree. He adjusts his throat, turns back and says, "Hello.. Enga..." She has completely covered her face in dupatta and only her eyes are visible. He turns back as there's a loud horn and says, "Sorry, if I have disturbed you. Coffee edavathu venum ma. Innum oru one-hour aagum namba reach agarathiku."

She rubs the sleep of her eyes only to be blinded by the lorry headlight from the opposite end. "Sorry, I am good. I do not drink coffee." She spews, "It's just that I am tired and sick of all that happened in the last couple of days. I am.. never mind."

Ashwin's like enna duraiamma verum English thaan pesuvaanga pola. "Neenga enna solla vareenga?"

"Onnum illanga. Let's go."

Ashwin drives listening to the beats of Illayaraja. As soon as they reach home, Ashwin says, "You can use the bedroom on the left side. It has attached restroom."

He takes the stairs to terrace and makes a call to his partner.

"Partner... enna achu vediya kathala 4 maniku call pannara." Sarath says yawning.

"Sarath... partner... I will be in office at 7 da. Neeyum vanthudu da." Ashwin speaks out of curiosity.

"Partner... 10 ku meet pannalam. Not possible before that... romba tired ah irukku." Sarath says turning toward the other side of the bed.

"Poda mandaya... we will meet at 10 itself" Ashwin hangs up. When he comes down to the parking, he sees that no one. So he assumes all is well and walks inside the house to sleep.

***

Ashwin phone rings aloud waking him from sleep. "Enna partner. Sollu partner."

"Sollu partner ah.. Time enna theriyuma. Oruthana pathu manniku office vara sollitu nee innnum nalla thoongikittu irukka. Nalla irupa partner." Sarath speaks in a frustrated tone.

"Sorry, partner. I will be there in 30 minutes. Seriya." Ashwin, as usual, speaks forgetting that he is a married man now. He gets ready in a jiffy, drives to office in the bike owned by his friend from the neighbourhood as he is out of the country.

***

On seeing Sarath in the office, Ashwin drags him to the meeting room. "Enna partner vantha udana meeting ah?"

"Kondruven unnai. Sollaratha interrupt pannama kelu." Ashwin pauses, takes a deep breath, and adds, "Enaku kalyanam ayidichuda".

"Ennathu... Kalayaanaamaaaaaaaaaaaa." Sarath cannot believe his ears.

"Aama da.... On Monday."

"Ennathu... Mondayaavaaaa."

"Partner... surprise aagaratha niruthu. Irritating ah irukku. Inga paaru... Enakum enga veetla kalyanam panni vachitaanga. Avanga yaaru enaku theriyathu. Avanga moonja kooda naa pathathu illa."

"Ennathu mooncha paakala aanaaaaaaaaa?"

"Innoru vartha pesana... un wife kitta call panni inga vara solliduven. Inga iruntha pregnancy ellam pathukonga. Sarath appadi thaan feel pannararu solliduven."

"Illa. I am silent. Finger on the lips. Nee sollu."

"Avanga peru Sree. She is also working in IT. Looks like she is also not interested in this marriage. Athu thaan avanaglum perusa interest kaatama irukarthu reason nenaikiran. Even First night la kooda I slept in the other room. Car kooda she sat in the back seat. So I have not seen her yet. She is staying with me at home... in the guest room. Oru guest maari. I am not bothered to talk with her. Konjam naal pogatum apparam paakalam enna pannarathu nu."