Sozin's Comet part 2 - The Old Masters

As night fell, the Gaang arrived at 3 storey building in the middle of a forested area. Inside the noisy building, loud music played and some patrons were cheering and gasping in shock, staring at something as the kids walked in.

"And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asked, looking around warily

Zuko just pointed to a woman surrounded by the crowd.

"June" 

June was holding a drink as a thug tried to attack her, but she made him fall down and used him as a footrest. Another thug tried to punch her, but she dodged every punch, still holding her drink.

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole," Sokka said, watching the brawl. 

"Mole? Her skin is flawless." Suki questioned 

"It's not a mole, Sokka. It's a shirshu. They're blind so they rely on their impeccable sense of smell to see" Zira explained 

"Meaning it's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have of finding him" Zuko added

The second thug continued trying to punch June. But she simply threw her drink into the air, chucked the thug at a table and caught her drink before taking a sip.

" I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her." Toph grinned 

June kicked an empty seat into a comfortable position before sitting down and taking another sip from her cup.

"Wait a minute, she helped you attack us!" Katara pointed out 

"Yup, back in the good old days." Shai joked as the group walked towards June

June saw them and rolled her eyes "Oh great, it's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?" 

"He's my uncle. And he's not here." Zuko replied 

"Hey, Hot Stuff. Been a while huh?" June smirked at Shai who awkwardly waved at the woman. 

"Hot stuff?" Zira looked at him strangely

"Don't ask" Shai sighed

 "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend," June smirked teasingly at Katara and Zuko. 

Zuko and Katara both become flustered and embarrassed, looking at each other before quickly avoiding eye contact. 

" I'm not his girlfriend/ She's not my girlfriend," They said at the same time. 

"Yet" Zira whispered to Toph making them both snicker. 

"Sure, whatever you say" June rolled her eyes, disbelievingly. " So what do you want?" 

"We need your help finding the Avatar," Shai said 

"Hm. Doesn't sound too fun." June sipped her tea

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" Zuko leaned forward while clenching his fists angrily. 

*

Outside, the Gaang found Appa and June's shirshu growling aggressively at each other. Appa then licked the shirshu's face and both of them quiet down. 

The shirshu however perked up when June and the group walked towards them. 

June held up a piece of meat for her pet. 

"Nyla..." She threw the meat to her pet and Nyla who caught the snack in a gulp. 

"Who's my little snuffly wuffly." June affectionately stroked her shirshu.