The Blind Bandit

Zira sighed in complete boredom as she sat on the floor beside Aang outside a shop. 

"It's pricey, but I really do like it." Sokka hummed, looking over a green bag. 

" Then you should get it. You deserve something nice." Katara told him

"I do, don't I?... But no. It's too expensive, I shouldn't."  

" Alright, then don't." Katara sighed looking annoyed 

She then turned and walked away with the two bored kids following behind her. 

Aang stared at Zira walking beside him, watching the curious glint in her eye as she looked at all the shops. He remembered the advice the inmates had given him back in Chin village and decided to take the chance. 

"Hey, Zira-" 

"Psst, psst. Hey, you kids like earthbending?" A man suddenly interrupted" You like throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earthbending Academy." 

The man handed a flyer to a slightly annoyed looking Aang before smiling and walking away. 

Aang looked down at the flyer and flipped it over

" Look, there's a coupon on the back. The first lesson is free" 

"Who knows? This Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher you've been looking for." Katara said as Sokka caught up to them with his newly bought bag in his arms. 

*

Zira sat just outside the dojo with Katara and Sokka while Aang had his earthbending lesson. 

After a while, the students began to leave and Aang emerged looking disappointed. 

"How'd it go?" Zira asked when she saw him

"He's not the one" He sighed, shaking dirt from his ear. 

The final two students were leaving the dojo and the kids couldn't help but overhear their conversation. 

" I think The Boulder is gonna win back the belt at Earth Rumble 6." One of the boys said 

"He's gonna have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to even get a shot at the champ" His friend replied as Aang ran up to them. 

"Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament exactly?" He asked, looking excited 

"It's on the Island of Noneoya - none o' ya business!" The first boy snapped

The two boys walked away laughing as the other's came up behind Aang. Katara and Zira looking annoyed by the two boys while Sokka found them funny. 

"Ha, ha! Oh, I got to remember that one" He laughed 

Zira looked up at Katara who nodded at her. 

"Don't worry, Aang. We'll take care of this" Zira smiled, placing a comforting hand on the monk's shoulder. 

" Hey strong guys, wait up!" Katara called out as she and Zira followed the two boys down an ally. 

"What do you want?" One of them snapped 

The two girls just smirked at each other. 

*

" What was I thinking? I don't need a new bag. Why'd you let me buy this?" Sokka grumbled, dropping his new bag and crossing his arms. 

Momo hopped down from Sokka's shoulder and settled down to sleep inside the bag, chittering happily as Katara and Zira came running back over to them.