Chapter 84

At the end of the corridor outside the study, a window opened.

Xia Liang stood by the window, looked at the dark night outside, and smoked a cigarette in silence.

Zhou Shuo stood a few steps away behind him, looking worriedly at his back.

He didn't know what Song Yan said to Xia Liang that made him so angry that he even searched for a baseball bat. He knew that Xia Liang must be very conflicted now.

In the past, every time he encountered a difficult problem in business, Xia Liang would stand by the window and smoke silently until he came up with a solution.

But Xia Lin is his own brother, not just a customer who can be won by negotiation in the business field so Xia Liang felt an unprecedented annoyance in his heart.

After a while, Xia Lin opened the door of the study and came behind Xia Liang then whispered: "Brother."

Xia Liang turned around and looked at him: "How are you thinking about it?"

"Don't let Song Yan kneel. He is the eldest master of the Song family. Letting him kneel at our house for one night, if it is spread out, I am afraid it will be controversial." Xia Lin paused, "I will talk to Song Yan. After that, let him go back to City D tomorrow morning."

Xia Liang raised one eyebrow, obviously dissatisfied with this answer: "That's it?"

"That's it." Xia Lin said, "I won't be with him and I don't need him to be responsible or make up for me. I don't care."

He paused and continued: "But at the moment, the Xia family is in a critical period of industrial transformation. Although I don't know much about the family's business, I can tell from dad's words that he values ​​the cooperation with the Song family very much. I don't want the personal grievances between Song Yan and me to affect the vision of cooperation between the two families."

Xia Liang looked at him for a long time, then patted his shoulder with a heavy heart: "Xiao Lin, you've grown up. You also know how to think about the future of the whole family. This is originally a good thing but seeing you make everything like this, it's very uncomfortable in my heart."

"Brother, I didn't compromise," Xia Lin smiled, "I remember you told me when I was a child, a person's luck or misfortune mainly depends on whether his heart is strong. The setbacks are for people with fragile hearts like a mountain that can crush him but for people with a strong heart, it is just a hurdle that can be passed by raising a leg. I prefer to treat it as a hurdle. As long as I don't care, I won't feel wronged."

Xia Liang nodded in relief: "You have really grown up. If you can think like this, I'm relieved. The matter between you and Song Yan... If you think it's a good deal, then deal with it like this. I won't intervene anymore but I still want to remind you that we are a family and I am your brother. You have to learn to trust your relatives, especially when there is a hurdle in front that you can't pass. You have to remember to ask your family for help. Remember?"

Xia Lin smiled and nodded: "I remember, brother."

Xia Liang turned around and said to Zhou Shuo: "Go and give Song Yan a quilt. Let him sleep in the study tonight and let him go out tomorrow morning."

Song Yan's guilty plea this time was actually useless for him but on the long road to chasing his wife, there was another checkpoint - Elder Brother Xia Liang.

But after sleeping in the Xia's study room for one night, Song Yan seemed to have figured out something. The next morning, he politely expressed his gratitude to the Xia family and left without any delay.

After that, Xia Lin entered the dire and fiery exam week. After two weeks of intermittent exams, it's finally summer vacation.

He had been thinking about what Ke Mei had mentioned to him about the village apprenticeship. On the afternoon of the last subject, he ran to the affiliated hospital to discuss with Ke Mei.

"Oh, it's time to come," Ke Mei smiled and asked him to sit down in the duty room and handed him an application form: "If you go with me as a non-staff trainee, fill in this form. We can set off with the first batch."

Xia Lin took a look at the form and paused for a moment on the place's name - Zilin Village.

He had an impression of this village.

In the year he graduated from his senior year in his previous life, he had participated in a graduation trip organized by his classmates. At that time, they went to several places. One of the trips was to see the waterfalls in Zilin Village.

He still remembered that they had some unpleasant episodes when they were in Zilin Village but then they all came back without danger.

Now that so many years have passed, he can't remember all the details of the incident at that time but he has a deep notion about Zilin Village.

Now that he's living his second life, his fate is completely different from the previous one but he didn't expect to go to the same place again at the same time.

Sometimes destiny is really unpredictable.

Seeing him looking at the form in deep thought, Ke Mei asked aloud: "What's wrong, is there any problem?"

"Oh, no." Xia Lin came back to his senses, "No problem, but... the name of Zilin Village is quite interesting."

"Is it?"

Ke Mei took a deep look at Xia Lin and changed the subject abruptly: "Did you fall in love recently?"

Xia Lin raised his head in surprise and glanced at Ke Mei: "Why do you suddenly ask?

"I have barely met you recently. At first glance, I think you ---." Ke Mei nodded, "It seems that there is a little more spring color on your face. "

Xia Lin suddenly couldn't laugh or cry: "If there is nothing, don't guess randomly."

"Well, just take it as my fault."

Ke Mei smiled and didn't delve into it any further.

Xia Lin completed the form and handed it back to Ke Mei. The two agreed to contact each other by phone two days later, then Xia Lin left.

Ke Mei watched Xia Lin's back disappear at the end of the corridor then took out his mobile phone and dialed a series of numbers: "Excuse me, is this Mr. Song?"