Chapter 05

Medical Certificate

    At this moment, Song Yan heard his stomach growl.

    He just remembered, because he was busy inquiring about Xia Lin's whereabouts, he forgot to eat lunch, and now even the dinner is past.

    He stood up and went to the refrigerator to look for food, but when he opened the refrigerator, he suddenly remembered that Xia Lin had put all the labels in the refrigerator before, and he later threw them all into the wastebasket.

    With guilt for Xia Lin, he walked to the wastebasket like a ghost and squatted down. He came and picked up those note papers one by one.

    Looking at the familiar handwriting on the sticky note, he seemed to see Xia Lin's obsessive-compulsive style and methodical behavior again. Song Yan used to dislike him, and now he misses it somehow.

    When picking up the last note, Song Yan found that there was still a crumpled ball of paper lying at the bottom of the wastebasket. The texture of the paper looked like some kind of official document.

    He picked up the ball of paper in doubt, opened it, and found that it was actually a hospital diagnosis about Xia Lin.

    "Intracranial tumor...late stage?" He stared incredulously as he read the bold line.

    In these few days, Xia Lin was in a coma most of the time.

    When he opened his eyes again, looking at the dim light outside the window, he couldn't remember where he was for a long time.

    A familiar voice came from outside the door: "Second Young Master, are you awake?"

    He remembered that this is Zhou Shuo's bachelor apartment.

    Zhou Shuo is one year younger than him. He used to be one of his personal bodyguards and was also the one who has been around him for the longest time.

    At school, Zhou Shuo was often ordered to follow him to protect him, and the relationship between the two was pretty good.

    Later, for Song Yan to break with his family, his father cut off all his financial resources in a rage and evacuated all the bodyguards around him. Only Zhou Shuo still secretly protected him because of his grandma's secret order.

    It can be said that Zhou Shuo is the only person Xia Lin trusts unconditionally in this world.

    Xia Lin wanted to speak, but it was a hoarse cough. The cough shook his headache.

    Zhou Shuo opened the door, poured Xia Lin a glass of water skillfully, and then handed him a few pills.

    Xia Lin swallowed the pills, and after a while, the headache gradually subsided.

    He raised his eyes to Zhou Shuo and asked: "How long have I slept?

    Zhou Shuo looked at his watch: "After returning from Lawyer Zhang, you slept for more than ten hours. "

    Xia Lin thought silently. The longer and longer sleep time means that he has less and less time left.

    Zhou Shuo said again: "It is possible that Lawyer Zhang told the young master about the transfer of your shares. In the afternoon, The young master called and asked about your whereabouts. "

    What did you say?" "

    I said I didn't know, so he didn't ask any more."

    Xia Lin nodded.

    Asking Zhou Shuo to protect him secretly was a secret arrangement made by the deceased grandma, even Xia Liang didn't know it. Xia Liang would call Zhou Shuo and ask casually.

    "My brother, you must not disclose your words," Xia Lin warned, "I suddenly transferred all the shares to him, it will definitely make him feel uneasy. Then he will definitely increase his efforts to find my whereabouts, you You must guard against death."

    Zhou Shuo frowned: "Second Young Master, your body is already like this, don't you want to see Young Master one last time?"

    Xia Lin shook his head, "My brother is very stubborn, if I know I'm sick. , Will definitely force me to go to the hospital for treatment..."

    "There may be a glimmer of hope when I go to the hospital ..."

    Xia Lin smiled bitterly, "Look at me like this, it's only a few days away, so why bother...Finally For a few days, I just want to spend it quietly."

    Zhou Shuo rolled his face, his eye circles were slightly red.

    Xia Lin patted his hand lightly: "In my life, there are no close friends. I am also satisfied to have you accompany me for the last journey."

    Zhou Shuo turned his face back and looked at him: "You I don’t want to know, Song Yan..."

    Xia Lin waved his hand to stop him: "Don’t mention him, in this life, I have consumed too much on him. I don’t want to deceive myself until I die. It’s okay for him to continue to live alone. It doesn't matter

    if you get back with Yu Luotong, it has nothing to do with me." Zhou Shuo then changed the subject: "Are you hungry, I'm going to cook some porridge for you?"

    Zhou Shuo was about to turn around and leave when the phone rang.

    He avoided the door to answer the phone, and when he opened the door again, his face became very strange.

    "What's the matter?" Xia Lin asked.

    Zhou Shuo hesitated and said, "Song Yan learned the news of your illness from nowhere, and immediately told the young master. Now Song and Xia are both disturbed and are looking for your whereabouts."

    Xia Lin was stunned. After a while, he didn't tell anyone except Zhou Shuo about the illness. He couldn't understand where Song Yan got the news.

    He didn’t even expect that Song Yan took the initiative to ask the Song family in order to find him. This is not like what Song Yan’s stubborn fellow could do.

    Zhou Shuo said: "Second young master, if the Song and Xia families If you really work together, the news network will spread all over City B. My place...I'm afraid I can't keep it."

    Xia Lin was silent for a long while, and sighed: "When things are up to now, you can't hide from me... You can't hide from me. Send it back to Xia’s house and tell my brother that you found me in a remote small hospital, lest my brother blame you."