Chapter 49: Endeavor Agency - Part 2

"Four months. I have to make the most of this work-study. I'll stay quiet for now... yeah, I'll have to." Y/N groaned closing the book. "Damn, this sucks." He muttered.

Burnin and Bakugou were making noise when everyone went silent. Endeavor left his office.

"Shoto, Walker, Deku, Bakugou-- I'll be looking after you four." He announced.

The four got geared up in their hero costumes, prepared to give it their all and learn from the best. They then meet up with Endeavor and a few sidekicks.

"I will train you four." Endeavor said. "But before that, Walker, Deku, and Bakugou tell me about yourselves. Tell me what you need to work on right now and what you can do."

"I want to be able to control my power and perform at my fullest." Midoriya spoke up.

"Your quirk was a super-strength so strong you hurt yourself... right?" Endeavor recalled.

"Yes." Midoriya confirmed, "I found a way to control it enough not to injure myself. But... after all this time... There's like, this secondary think... like, um... it started manifesting in a different way..."

Bakugou was getting annoyed at Midoriya's rambling, but Endeavor didn't care much.

"Show me." Endeavor asked.

Midoriya straightened his arm and a small black whip came out. "If I concentrate and release just about as much as I can tolerate... This is the most I can handle right now. If the output wavers, it'll pour out and get out of control." He explained.

"What do you mean by "perform at my fullest?" Endeavor asked. "What do you want to do with it?"

"This is actually a power that's flexible, like a whip. I want to turn this from a risk into a weapon I can use. Right now, I'm trying to see if I can control it the way I do air force-- Oh, "Air Force" is a long-distance pressure attack using wind, but it needs more output than my body can handle right now. In my current state, if the amount I can tolerate without stressing my body is about 10-15%, then Air Force needs 20%. I'm a little over. At this rate, even if I don't injure myself, there's painful grating, and it affects my movements--"

"Oh, brother." Y/N sighed.

"That's why I practiced so I could release it in an instant and go back right away. If I could do this with the current Black Whip, then theoretically, I should be able to use it. But in the first place, I adjust my power output as I move, so adding another factor to that is hard to juggle in my head. I've been training so that I can do it all at the same time, but it hasn't been going well."

"It's so long that I don't know what he's talking about!" Burnin spoke up.

"Analyzing yourself, huh?" Said Todoroki.

"Shut up!" Bakugou raged.

"So you're saying you want to constantly be able to adjust back and forth when you're fighting?" Endeavor summarized.

"Yes!" Midoriya was happy.

"You understood him?! You're not number one for nothing!" Burnin was surprised.

"You could've cut out like 85% of that explanation." Y/N commented.

"You've had trouble with your quirk I see." Endeavor said with a understanding tone, "You were one of us, too, huh? Next, what about you?" He asked Bakugou.

"I want to know what I can't do. That's what I came here to find out." Bakugou got straight to the point.

"Oh, you could've just came to me if you wanted to know that. Here, I'll name some things, you can't beat me, that's a big one." Y/N said with a teasing grin.