Chapter 28: Ultimate Moves

Y/N slowly woke up and he was in an awkward position. The lower half of his body was on his balcony and the upper half was in his room.

"What the hell?" Y/N rubbed his eyes as he sat up, "That's weird...what time is it?" Y/N checks his phone to see it was still fairly early. "Only four hours... whatever, I'll just get up now."

Y/N threw on a black shirt and gray shorts before he left his room. As Y/N was walking down the stairs he saw Iida leave his room.

"Sup, Iida."

"Oh, good morning, Rowe. Did you sleep well? I've just gotten up a few minutes prior myself."

"Yeah, I'm still kinda tired. Imma go brush my teeth, I'm guessing you're too?"

"Yes, well let's get going. We can't waste any time."

Iida and Y/N went to the bathroom to brush their teeth and after a few minutes, more people started coming in.

Y/N went downstairs along with a few other students and they all got some breakfast and began to chill.

~

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses." Aizawa explained.

"Yes, sir!"

"Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only fifty percent of students passed the test required for these permits each year."

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?" Mineta questions.

"In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new." Suddenly the class door opened and in walked Cementoss, Midnight, and Ectoplasm. "Two ultimate moves."

"Two ultimate moves!"

"An exam is a normal school thing!"

"But this is total hero work!"

"When we say "ultimate", we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent." Spoke Ectoplasm.

"An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths." Added Cementoss.

"Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Said Midnight.

"This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma."

The students got dressed in their hero costumes and arrived at Gym Gamma as told.

"Gym Gamma, also known at the Academy as the "Training Dining Land," or TDL."

"Huh? So many abbreviations."

"This facility was my idea." Says Cementoss as he uses his quirk to form a small concrete structure, "We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name."

"Yes, TDL screams justice." Y/N says sarcastically.

"Please allow me a question." Iida raises his hand, "What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam. May we know your reasoning?"