Chapter 24: Fear

Yaoyorozu, Y/N, and Midoriya approached Kirishima and Todoroki at the meeting point.

"So, how 'bout it? You decide?" Kirishima questioned Yaoyorozu.

"Yes, I think I've-"

"Hold on." Iida cuts her off and approaches the group.

"Iida. Why're you here?"

"You. Why did it have to be you two of all people? The ones who stopped me when I acted recklessly. Who received amnesty with me after Hosu. Why are you trying to make the same stupid mistakes I made? Didn't you learn?"

"What're you talking about?" Kirishima was confused and he was about to approach Iida, but Todoroki held him back.

"We are still just students. And UA's in a bad position as it is. Anything we do will reflect on our school. Don't you get that?"

"Iida. We have to. I know you don't live us breaking rules, but-" Midoriya was punched in the face by Iida.

"The hells your problem!" Y/N yelled.

"Quiet! I'm frustrated too! And concerned. Obviously! I'm the class rep, damnit! I'm worried about all my classmates. Not just Bakugou. When I saw you injuries, all I could think of was my brother in the hospital. And you Rowe, when you ran off from the group that night, I thought you'd end getting killed. You disappeared without a trace. What if your bodies end up irreparable, just like his, because I didn't step in. Or what if you ended up dead. Have you not stopped to think where I'm coming from? Or are you saying that you don't care how I feel?"

"Of course I do."

"Iida. You've got it wrong." Todoroki spoke up, "We don't expect to face them head-on and win. We'll get him back without fighting."

"Yeah, we'll be stealthy." Adds Kirishima, "I'm talkin' covert ops here. We can rescue him without breaking the rules."

"I trust in Todoroki's judgment, but...Still. Things could always go wrong. However, Y/N gave me all the more reason I needed to come join you all as backup. I'll stand behind my classmates." Said Yaoyorozu.

"You can't be serious!" Iida said surprised.

"You're the best." Praised Kirishima.

"Yeah. Yeah, she really is." Y/N agreed.

"I know I'm hurt." Midoriya spoke up, "But if I can still move at all, then I can't just sit still. I have to reach out and do something. 'Cause all I can think about is saving him."

"We'll never agree. So I'm going with you."

"I have no objections." Y/N shrugged.

After the group sorted everything out they began, Covert Op: Rescue Bakugou, was now in motion. Well, Iida had to say something before we kept moving.

"Midoriya. I shouldn't have hit you back there. I'm sorry. Forgive me." Iida bowed to show he's truly sorry.

"I have some concerns, Iida. What exactly is your justification for changing your mind and joining us." Yaoyorozu questioned.

"To be clear. I'm coming because I don't condone your behavior. It's as simple as that. If there's even a hint that physical combat might break out, I'll make you retreat immediately. So in other words...I'm your watchman!"

"Exactly what we needed."

"The same goes for me. Rescuing Bakugou is a job for the pros. Objectively speaking, there's no reason for any of us to go after him. However, I understand how each of you feels, so I'm compromising. Don't forget that."