Chapter 10: Grab that headband!

"A cavalry battle, huh...so are we getting assigned teams? Cause y'know I'm pretty sure calvary battles require a team."
"I'm sure Midnight will it explain Y/N."
"Allow me to explain."
"Wow, can you see the future Momo?"
"The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular old playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."
"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams. That seems pretty simple." Said Sato.
"Heh, imagine if they gave first place an insane value like ten million points." Y/N joked.
"Y/N, don't be ridiculous, that's an absurd amount. Though knowing UA I guess it's not entirely out of the question, but still highly unlikely." Said Yaoyorozu.
"So that means each team will have a certain value, depending on what students are on it."
"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you." Spoke up Midnight "The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten. And the point value that's assigned to the first place contestant is, ten million!"
"Oh, I was just playing, heh, tough luck Izuku." Everyone around Midoriya's hungry glares focused on him. "You're screwed."

"That's right, it's survival of the fittest with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow those at the top. First years, these are the rules that you'll abide by: The game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth, thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing. Even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up."
"It's anyone's game then." Speaks up Yaoyorozu.
"And since there are 42 contestants, there'll be ten or twelve teams fighting in the field the entire time." Added Sato.
"We'll be fine." Says Y/N.
"This is going to be rough. You may use your quirks as much as you like." Continues Midnight "But there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified. Now you got fifteen minutes to build your teams. I recommend you get started."

"Momo, teammates?"
"You beat me to it Y/N." She replies as Todoroki approaches the two, with Iida following close behind.
"You two, I want you to join my team. I have a plan that will make our chances at winning a certainty."
"Woah, icy hot, inviting me to join his team? How could I decline, how about you Momo, you wanna join them?"
"I think we should."
"That settles it then, so Todoroki, what's the plan?"
And just like that, a team has formed, but a certain green-haired boy was having trouble joining a team. At least Uraraka joined him.

The newly formed team was waiting for time to be over while discussing their gameplan.
"I chose the three of you because I believe we'll make for the most stable formation possible. Y/N is our left wing. He can use his quirk to keep enemies at bay. Yaoyorozu you'll take the right-wing. Focus on defense. Iida, you'll take the front. We'll rely on you for mobility for mobile and physical defense."
"And you'll be attacking and creating diversions of ice and fire is that right?" Iida asks Todoroki.
"Not quite, when I'm in battle, I never use my left side." Says Todoroki as he glares towards a specific person in the crowd. Y/N manages to see who he's staring at. "Then you be left side Todoroki. I'll be the rider."
"What?"
"Look, I'm just thinking logically here. I have more firepower than you regardless if you use both sides, I'm sure of it. But you just won't use your fire cause of some problems you have. It'd be detrimental if we lose out on firepower just because you don't bother using your left side. So let me be the rider."
"I already had it planned out. We'll be fine, that's why I chose you. You'll make up for the firepower I don't put out. So just stick with the plan trust me."
"Fine, but if it fails...well we'll see when it happens."