Chapter 37: Go!

"Don't get too worked up about this. Y/N and The Big Three are one thing. They're strong enough to hold their own out there with the pros. But the rest of you will be minimally involved. Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima. You didn't volunteer for this, and you're not obligated to participate. It's your call."

"Mr. -- I mean, Eraser Head! After everything we just heard, I can't imagine not helping out, sir." Uraraka jumped up.

"Yeah, if you're gonna let us be part of this, I'd like to pitch in however I can." Added Asui.

"The heroes asked you to be in that meeting. I don't think they would've wanted you guys to be there if they didn't recognize your abilities. I mean, I've seen for myself that a first-year can shine much brighter than me." Amajiki looked down in self-pity.

"You're gonna have to let that go at some point, ya know." Said Hado.

"If I can use that power to help that girl even a little bit, then count me in, Eraser Head!" Kirishima pumped his fist together.

"As long as you all understand. Our scope here is limited. For now, our only goal is to rescue Eri. We won't step in further than that. Given the recent altercation, neither the police nor Nighteye believes that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai have formed a partnership. So the chances are relatively low that the League will be involved in this raid.

But if it turns out they're mistaken about that, and the League does end up putting in an appearance, you guys are out." Aizawa explains.

"Understood, sir!" All the students except Y/N respond.

"Y/N..." Aizawa sighs.

~

Days passed since the meeting. The pros were doing their best to pinpoint anything they could about the Hassaikai, and until then, the students were on standby. And were under orders not to say anything about their work studies to anyone. Y/N was more distant than usual. Lunch rolled around and he along with his class went to the cafeteria. He sat with his usual crew of Yaoyorozu, Jirou, and Tokoyami.

Thoughts were rushing through his head. Memories of his parents' death, his encounters with the League, and an unfamiliar feeling... it was new and confusing. He was tapping his chopsticks unintentionally, but it got to the point where he banged it to which Tokoyami grabbed his arm.

"Rowe, are you alright?" Tokoyami asked with concern, Jirou and Yaoyorozu looking just as worried.

"Huh- uh, yeah. My bad. Let's dig in." Y/N clapped his hands together and began eating like nothing just happened.

"Y/N, are you sure you're okay? We're here to talk if you need to." Yaoyorozu offered with sincerity.

"Yeah, you've been all depressed since you've left the work studies with Hawks and I." Tokoyami added.

"Funny coming from you Mr. "Revelry in the Dark." Y/N teased getting some laughter the two girls and Tokoyami. "But no, it's fine. For real. I'm just really on edge lately. I'm glad I have you guys worrying over me." Y/N halfway smiles. It's the best he could pull off.

"If you say so." Tokoyami nodded and began eating.

"If you need to, you can talk to me." Yaoyorozu offered as she began eating.

Y/N and Jirou exchanged looks and nodded.

"Thank you, guys. I mean it."