(S2) Chapter 8: Class 1A is ready for the Festival!

Y/N woke up pretty late in the afternoon the next, his body was still recovering, but he was home now. "No school for today, Aizawa's busy, and I'm on my own. I'm too tired to bother training as well, but I don't wanna sleep or do nothing. Guess I'll go out for a walk." He got out of bed and got himself cleaned and dressed in casual clothes. He sported a black beanie, a (F/C) t-shirt, grey jeans, and black shoes. You could see the bandages up his arm down to his wrist and up his neck, his full body was still bandaged. He walked over to the kitchen to find something to quickly eat, but to no avail. "Man I'm not in the mood to cook right now. Guess I'll just stop by somewhere on my walk." He grabbed his keys to the apartment and walked out the door before realizing something "Wait let me grab something to cover my face I don't want to attract the press." He quickly ran back to his room and grabbed a face mask and put on sunglasses. "There we go now I'm ready to go." And he headed out the door, locking it as he left.

-timeskip-

"There's no good places to eat..." A thought comes to his head and a grin spreads across Y/N's face "I'm in the area, I'm sure he won't mind if I head over."

A few minutes later, Y/N arrives at the front door of Midoriya's and he knocks. A few seconds later the door is opened. "Yo, what's up, thought I'd drop by."
"Y/N what're you doing here?" Questioned Izuku
"Well, to be honest, I was bored so I went out on a walk and I was looking for food, but then I noticed I was in the area so I came over. Hoping I didn't intrude."
"Oh no it's fine, I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind, we're actually about to have dinner." We both walk inside and his mom was shocked to see Y/N it's almost been a year since they've last saw each other.
"Y/N is that really you? Are you ok? I heard what happened on the news."
"It's really me, how have you been,  Auntie Inko?"
"I've been doing fine. Oh come I made food and lots of it. I'm sure you two are hungry." He and Midoriya had big grins on their face and were ready to eat. They were talking over dinner about school, training, and then Inko mentioned his parents.
"Also Y/N I never had the chance to tell you, but I'm sorry for what happened to your parents. It must've been tough." He choked on his food, but manage to force it down.
"Oh, yeah guess after they died I kinda went into intense training for the next almost full year. I'm doing a lot better now, but I appreciate the concern. I know you guys were close as well, I hope you managed to do fine. Things worked for me in the end, though I still miss them."
"Y/N also I've been meaning to ask, but after their death, where did you go? You mentioned you were intensely training for a year." Questioned Midoriya
"Oh I moved in with Aizawa and he whipped me into shape. Intense guy let me tell ya."
"You what! Did you train with our teacher for a whole year? No wonder you're so strong."
"Oh did I never mention it?"
"No."
"Oh my bad, guess it slipped my mind." He looks at the clock and notices it was getting late. "Ooo, it's getting a bit late I should get going."
"Oh, well it was nice to see you again, please come over more. You're always welcome."
"Thank you Auntie, see ya Midoriya." He held his fist up and Midoriya bumped it. And with that, he left.

-timeskip-

Y/N arrived to class a bit later than usual. He tended to be one of the first ones in the class, but he forgot to reapply his bandages so he had to hurry and do that.

"Who knows what would've happened if the teachers didn't show up."
"Why'd you say that!? I almost peed myself thinking about it!"
"Oh shut up! Grow a pair loser!"
"Yeah well we were lucky Aizawa managed to keep us safe, but to be honest Y/N really pulled through for us, he was totally manly yesterday. Speak of the devil look who just entered the class." Kirishima waved to Y/N as he entered the classroom.
"Yo." He simply waved and sat in his seat.
"You good man? A lot of us saw what happened you got beat up pretty bad." Sero worried.
"I'm all good man, just a bit sore."
"Well regardless you were totally badass, I thought you couldn't use that video thingy." Pointed out Kaminari.
"I couldn't, but I don't know something switched and I was able to activate it. Luckily I managed to use a lot more heavy hitters with it or else who knows what would've happened. I took a lot more hits though it's more of a power-based thing. While my neon is my fastest, it isn't as hard-hitting unless I'm really precise, which is hard to do in the heat of battle. My smoke, well it's just well-rounded."
"We didn't ask for a full quirk explanation, but thanks?"
"Oops, my bad."
"Attention, homeroom class is about to begin!" Announced Iida as he walked up to the front of the class "Everyone stop talking and take your seats."
"Iida, please do me a favor and observe your surroundings." Y/N said with a fake smile.
"Yeah, we're all sitting." Added
Kirishima.
"You're the only one standing." Added Sero.
Iida walked to his seat and sat, shaking in frustration. "Dang it."
"Don't sweat it." Uraraka said in an attempt to comfort him.

A few moments later the door opens revealing our favorite teacher, the one we all know and love, Mum- I mean Aizawa.
"Good morning class." He spoke as if there was nothing out of the ordinary.
"Hey, Mummy Man how have you been?" Y/N said in a teasing tone earning a glare.
"Mr. Aizawa what're you doing here!?" The class shouted in unison.
"Woah! What a pro." Praised Kaminari.
"Don't worry guys, he's a-ok."
"You call that ok?" Uraraka said in doubt
"Y/N's right, I'm fine, but my well-being isn't relevant. What's more important is your fight isn't over yet?" Aizawa said standing in front of the class.
"Our fight?" Questioned Bakugou.
"Don't tell me?" Added Midoriya.
"Not more ba-" Mineta was cut off by a smack in the back of the head.
"Shut up about bad guys!" Spoke up Y/N
"The U.A sports festival is about to start."
"Yes!" Kirishima cheered 
"Ugh! Why would you scare us like that!" The class yelled angrily?
"I thought it was pretty funny."
"Let's go kick some ass!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Wait a second." Kaminari says quickly shutting down Kirishima and Y/N's hype train.
"Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Pointed out Jirou.
"They could attack once we're all in the same place." Ojiro Added
"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all U.A students. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."
"

Uh, I'm sorry, but why not?" Questioned Mineta "It's just a sports festival."
"Grape boy, I swear on everything, if you don't grow a damn pair, I'll tell Katsuki you said something. Haven't decided what yet." Threatened Y/N "Kinda ironic for a kid who throws and regrows balls on the top of his head." He finished earning a slight chop to the side of the head from Yaoyorozu.
"Don't be so rude." She said with a disappointed tone.
"My bad."
Midoriya turned his head to face Mineta and questioned "Huh? Mineta, don't you know how important this competition is?"
"Of course I do! I just don't want to get murdered."
"Our sports festival is one of the world's most-watched events. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The U.A sports festival."
"That's right. And top heroes everywhere will be watching." Momo added "This is where you'll be scouted."
"Sure, unless you're dead."
"Mineta, shh."
"She's right. After graduating a lot of people join pro agencies as sidekicks." Said Kaminari.
"Yeah, but that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance to go indie and stay eternal sidekicks. Actually, that's probably where you're headed. You're kinda dumb."
"Sad, but Jirou isn't lying, Kaminari." Agreed Y/N "The first part I mean not the second part. Well now that I do think about it..."
"Not you too, Y/N!"
"I'm only playing." He reassured.
Aizawa then spoke up"It's true that joining a famous agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why this festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, this event could open a path for you. Once a year. Three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training." 
"Yes, sir." The class replied.
"Class is dismissed."

-timeskip-

"That villain stuff sucked, sure, but I'm pumped for these games!" Kirishima says full of excitement
"We put on a good show, and we're basically on the road to bein' pros!" Added Sero.
"Yeah, this is why I'm even here in the first place." Said Sato.
"Man I can't wait." Y/N said eagerly "We get so few chances we have to make the most of this." Stated Tokoyami.

"Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!" Yelled Uraraka catching everyone's attention and some cheered. Keyword: some cheered. She turned to the other students "I said I'm gonna do my best!"
"Hell yeah!" Y/N stepped up to her and they high-fived.

A/N: (This is actually my shortest chapter yet, being a bit short of 2000 words. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of season 2. Again if you have any criticisms let me know.)