Chapter 23: What a Twist!

The group consisting of Shoji, Midoriya, Todoroki, Y/N, Tokoyami, and Bakugou were making progress to return to the main facility, back where Aizawa was. Eventually, they came across Uraraka, Asui, and some girl Uraraka had pinned.

"Uraraka!" Shoji called out as we saw the girl pinned sucking her blood with some tube and needle.

"Quickly, guys! Help!" Asui yelled.

Suddenly the girl pushed Uraraka off and jumped back. She quickly retreated, realizing she was outnumbered. Before she did she looked back at the group of boys and blushed. Y/N lined up her view and came to the conclusion...he wasn't able to she ran too fast.

"Get her!" Uraraka ordered.

"It's too dangerous. We have no idea what kind of quirk she has." Reasoned Asui.

"What was that girl just now?" Questioned Todoroki.

"One of the villains. She was crazy."

"Uraraka! You're hurt." Worried Midoriya.
"You're one to be talking." Commented Y/N.

"It's not bad. I can still walk okay. He's right, you look terrible." Uraraka agrees.

"We can't stand here and talk. Let's move." Shoji points out.

"I'm just glad you didn't get injured too bad. Now come on. Join our group. We're protecting Kacchan and making our way back to camp. We could use your help."

"If you're protecting Bakugou, then, shouldn't he be standing here with you guys?" Asui questions.

"No way-damnit, we got careless!" Y/N yells as he turns around.

"Nice trick eh?" Said a man standing in a tree with a mask and top-hat, "I took the lad you're talking about with my magic. A talent like his would be squandered were he cast as a hero. We'll provide him with a grander stage where he can truly shine."

"Give him back!"

"Give him back? What an odd thing to say. Bakugou doesn't belong to anyone. He's his own person. Don't be so arrogant."

"We'll stop you!"

"Right now!" Todoroki runs up and attacks the man in the tree, but he dodges the attack.

"Why the aggression? We merely wish to show him that there are options besides the fanatical world of heroism he's drowning in. It's important to choose a path that aligns with your core values, after all."

"Now look who's being arrogant. Who're you to say what Bakugou's core values are?" Y/N shouts.

"Wait, It's not just Bakugou. Tokoyami's gone!" Shoji notices.

"Damnit, he got both of them?"

"If you're monologuing because you think you've beaten us, you're mistaken."

"A bad habit of mine. I was once an entertainer, you know. Taking Tokoyami was a bit of improv on my part. Moonfish. Our dear "blade tooth." He may not look it, but he's a dastardly death row devil whose last appeal was denied. When I saw the Avian take him down so easily and violently, I decided he should join our troupe."

"You bastard! You can't take them!" Midoriya yelled.

"Damn, y'all got Izuku mad? Crazy bro." Y/N chuckled.

"Here, take this guy for me." Todoroki ran, dropping the guy he was holding on Uraraka and sending an absurdly large ice attack the villain's way.

"Holy shit. That must've hit him."

"Apologies. But sleight-of-hand and escapology are my specialties, not combat. I'm not foolish enough to fight hero candidates from U.A. Vanguard Action Squad. I've acquired our target. Our little show has officially come to a close. Meet me at the retrieval point in the next five minutes for- oh I've got a fast one on me, you know where to go."