Chapter 29: The Provisional License Exams

The week came and left in an instant. The test day was among us and the students were prepared. The students all worked hard and prepared for this, they were ready to show off. Y/N was pretty tired, which seems to be a common trend lately. He's been working overnights trying to work on his new fighting style and he's also joined Aizawa and Shinso for some training. The exam was to take place at the National Dagoba Arena. It was a big stadium and Class 1A was to be the only class from U.A attending.

"Ugh... I'm getting kind of nervous." Jirou groans.

"I wonder what they're gonna make us do. Ugh, what if I can't get my license." Mineta whines.

"Mineta." Aizawa crouched down to meet Mineta's staggering height, "Don't ask if you can. Say you will."

"Right. Sure. I've so got this."

"If you can pass the test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros. I expect your best."

"Alright. I can't wait to be a heroic chicken." Says Kaminari.

"I'm already like a chicken, just illegally." Y/N joked.

"Let's call it the usual, you guys." Kirishima gets hyped. "On my mark. Go Plus...Ultra!"
"Ultra!"

"That voice?"

"You know it's pretty rude to barge into other people's huddles like that, Inasa."

"What? Pardon me. I am so... very... extremely... sorry!" Shouts Inasa as he bows so hard his head hits the ground.

"Who is this guy? I do not trust his enthusiasm." Kaminari questions.

"Hey, look at their uniforms." Jirou points out.

"They're from that famous school on the other side of Japan." Adds Sero.

"U.A in the East. Shiketsu in the West." Bakugou finishes.

"I wanted to say it just once! Plus Ultra!" Inasa yells, "See, I really love U.A High School. I am really honored to compete against such incredible students. I'm so looking forward to it."

"Come on let's go." Says another Shiketsu student.

"Inasa Yoarashi." Aizawa names.

"Do you know that guy, Mr. Aizawa?" Hagakure questions.

"Indeed. He's strong. He's the same year as you all and he was top three for students admitted through recommendations. But for some unknown reason, he turned down his acceptance to U.A and went to Shiketsu."

"Wait. He's... our age?"

"Yeah, he's annoying." Y/N sighed, "I met him during the recommendation entrance exams, I beat him, but barely. Todoroki was also close behind."

"Hold on, is anyone else confused here? This guy says that he loves our school, but, he turned down his chance to enroll when it was offered?" Sero questioned.

"Yeah. What a weirdo."

"He's weird, but you can't look down on the guy. He really is strong and no doubt much stronger now."

"Y/N's right, he's the real deal. Keep an eye on him." Aizawa agrees.

"Eraser? I'd know that scowl anywhere!" Yells a green-haired woman as she approaches Aizawa, "I saw you on TV and at the sports festival. But it's been a while since we were this close in person."

"Yo, Aizawa. You know this girl? Your secret girlfriend or something?" Y/N teases.

"Let's get married."