Chapter 15: Bakugou vs Rowe

A/N:(Sorry if this flashback seems kinda out of place, he really has no major reason to have it here. I just wanted to put it here in place of Todoroki's I guess. Anyways enjoy. Sorry if it's kinda bad.)

~

Y/N was sitting in the waiting room, letting his thoughts roam, and flashbacked to seeing his uncle again.

-Six months ago-

"So, kid, you ready to see your uncle?"
"Man, Aizawa, I don't know. I haven't seen or talked to him since...since my parents died. I was- no, I still am afraid that he probably blames me."
"Trust me, he's only said good things about you the three times I've visited. Trust me he doesn't blame you." Says Aizawa as he pats Y/N's back and the two arrive at Eugene's hospital room.

His legs didn't work anymore, during the incident he got injured and it paralyzed him from the waist down. He's been in and out of the hospital ever since.

Y/N opened the door to see Eugene, he was watching the news and when their eyes met, Eugene's eyes lit up. "Holy crap, is that you Y/N? You look so different, you're a lot bigger now. You working out?"
"Uncle, hey. Man, this is difficult. Well, it's nice to see you, how've you been?"
"Well, I can't walk anymore as you probably already know. But yeah, I'm doing fine now, for the most part. I'm worried about you though. I know it must've been rough on you. Watching them, y'know, just like that."
"It was hard. To be honest, it was hard to push through my first few weeks without them. But I'm managing and I'm doing a lot better now."
"That's good." Said Eugene. The two began reminiscing, with Aizawa chiming in every now and then. Y/N also mentioned how he was getting recommended to U.A.
"Woah, kid, how'd you get recommended? Aizawa you have something to do with this?" Questions Eugene.
"Well, I guess, he was a phenomenal student and has a strong quirk, so I managed to do a bit of talking and he got put on the recommendations."
"Woah, that's insane. Good job. Isn't there that big festival thing they do? You're gonna be able to participate in that right?"
"I guess so. I'm gonna have to win it too I guess."
"I'll be watching whenever that happens kid."

-flashback end-

"Uncle, I promise, I'll do my best and try to win." Y/N thinks to himself when the door slams open.
"Hey, what the hell are you doing in here?" Bakugou questions as he stands at the doorway "This is my space to--"
"Idiot, this is my space."
"Shut up, I didn't realize this was waiting room number two!"
"Man, I'm up against you next. You'll be easier than Todoroki if you have a small brain like that." Y/N said with a smug grin. He just wanted to make him mad.
"Ok, fine. I may have walked into the wrong room. But don't start doubting me, I'm gonna be on my A-game, you got that? You better go all out, okay Y/N!"
"You sound like me, I said the same thing to Todoroki. What else would I bring but my best."
"You better, I want to show the world I beat you at your best."
The two exchange devilish smiles and Bakugou walks out.

~

"Welcome to the final battle of the U.A High School sports festival! In just a moment here, we'll see which first years come out on top! Yes, it all comes down to this folks! From the hero course, Y/N Rowe. Versus, his classmate, Katsuki Bakugou! Now, begin!"