Chapter 26: The Aftermath

After the incident the rescue operation was complete and Bakugou was bought to the hospital. That night, Y/N was right. All Might, The Symbol of Peace, was done. Retired. Y/N was in his apartment chilling when Aizawa came home, looking tired, stressed.

"Are you stupid?"

"Mmm, no?"

Aizawa walked up to Y/N and raised his hand, Y/N was confused. Was Aizawa about to hit him. But all he got was a light flick to the head.

"You're an idiot. To be honest, I've lost some of my trust in you. You acted recklessly. You could've been killed."

"I know. But if we hadn't been there...who knows what would've happened. And I couldn't just sit back and do nothing. Bakugou's my friend. We may not act like it at times, but we have a mutual understanding of each other for the most part."

"Kid, you don't understand. Look, it may have worked out this time. But you can't act so recklessly, especially without a license. You could get into trouble." Aizawa sighed and facepalmed, "I should've said something. I already know you, why didn't I suspect you'd do something like this."

"Look, Aizawa...I'm sorry, okay? I'll make it up to you, I swear."

"You better kid. Oh, do you want to come with me tomorrow? I've got a few things to do and I kinda wanna keep an eye on you for a bit."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it."

~

It was the next day. Y/N got dressed in a basic black dress shirt and black dress pants. He also wore a white tie.

"Alright, you ready, Aizawa?"

"Yeah, now come on. We gotta head to the school first...why're you dressed up?"

"I can't go out dressing casually if I'm gonna be chillin' with you while you do your work."

"Fine, whatever. Let's go."

Y/N went with Aizawa to Principal Nezu's room once they arrived at the school. King Vlad and All Might were present. Nezu talked about how they were grateful for All Might and how the people don't want him to work at U.A anymore. Nezu then bought up the idea of dorms. He wanted the teachers to convince the students' parents to do dorms.

"So, Rowe. Since you're a student, what're your thoughts on dorms?" Nezu looked for the young student's input.

"Eh, I don't mind. Though it's gonna be a pain to pack my stuff. Aizawa will help, right?" Y/N smiled.

"Yeah, absolutely not. Anyway, let's go." Aizawa said as he headed out. The other two teachers in the room followed behind.

"Alright. Don't leave me behind."

The car ride was awkward. Y/N, Aizawa, and Toshinori were just chillin' and not talking. Until someone broke the silence.

"Soooo...retired, huh? Feel old yet?" Y/N questioned.

"Y/N, don't ask something stupid like that." Aizawa facepalms.

"Ah- am I really that old looking?" Toshinori died on the inside.

"I mean, yeah? Like a skeleton almost. Small Might will be your name."

"Y/N!"