Chapter 60: the beginning of recovery

Both POV:

"Jamie hunny, could you try and drink all of that please, slowly sweetheart" Maya asked, wanting her son to get his fluids up, knowing that he never wanted to drink anything anymore, but he needed to.

The pains in his stomach had returned which made him not want eat, even if he wanted too. These pains were quite common due to the cancer. He needed to consume a certain amount of fluids so they could run some tests, just to be safe. However, he wouldn't budge, not even a little.

Jamie continued to hold the cup and stare at it, motionless.

"Bambino, look at me" Carina said, as she grabbed a plastic cup from the side and poured some water from the jug into her own cup, watching as bright blue eyes scanned the Italian.

"Look watch mama" she told him, as she held the cup to her lips and slowly started to drink the cold liquid.

"Do it with me" she said, her features soft, as to not sound like she was going to tell him off, but being gentle and calm, so that he felt encouraged to drink the water. Which he did.

Jamie lifted the cup up to his lips, and slowly began to drink the water, coughing a little due to his position on the bed

"baby sit up" Maya told him, as she made her way over to his side of the bed, and helped to lift him up straight, rubbing his back softly until the coughing died down.

"You did so good" Maya told him, as she placed a kiss to his head, before turning to her wife; smiling reassuringly.

"Where's my boy?" They heard a familiar voice ask, as Andrew made his way into the hospital room.

"My boy!" He cheered, as he leant down to place a soft kiss to his bald, smooth head.

"Ok so... your Mama told me that you're going to be getting a few injections" he started, Jamie nodded his head in approval

  "so... I got you some plasters, because even though the dinosaur ones are awesome. I thought maybe... lady bugs?" He finished, not even needing to ask, because as soon as Jamie heard those last words, his face broke into a huge smile, making both Maya and Carina's hearts melt.

Andrew handed the plasters to Maya, who then passed them to Jamie to have a closer look. Meanwhile Andrew made his way to the hallway with his sister following behind.

"Thank you Andrea, he adores you" she said, as she opened her arms for her littler brother; they held each other for a few minutes before pulling away.

"He doesn't look any better" Andrew sighed,

"Sì I know... it's going to take time" the brunette replied, as she looked back into his room, watching as her wife placed a plaster on herself, and then one on Jamie's head, the act making the small boy giggle.

"How are you both holding up?" How's Lexi, and the twins?" He asked, wanting to check in on everyone else as well.

"Lexi is... well she's Lexi" Carina replied, as she laughed softly at the thought of her daughter. "The twins are doing good Sì, both starting to crawl" she added, a small smile on her face at the thought of her children growing up.

"Where's the time gone? It seems like just yesterday they were born" he replied shaking his head in disbelief. The conversation soon came to an end when his pager started to beep

"I better be going, they need me in surgery" Andrew said; clipping his pager back to his scrub

"Sì... thanks again Andrea" she said, leaning in to place a kiss to his cheek, the small act making him smile, before he made his way down the corridor.

Carina stood there for a minute in adoration for her gorgeous wife, and their beautiful little boy.

Maya could feel a pair of eyes on her, knowing exactly whose there were, as she turned around and smiled at her wife. What she saw melted her heart. The brunette was stood leaning up against the door frame, just admiring the two of them together.

"I'll be back in two seconds hunny alright?" She asked, before receiving a small nod from her son.

She then made her way over to the brunette, as she placed her hands on her waist; pulling her in close, so she could run her nose across the length of Carina's.

"I could feel your eyes on me" the blonde whispered, placing a soft kiss to her lips, and closing her eyes. They stood there for a moment, just enjoying the feeling of each other and the closeness..

"How could I not stare at you Bella" Carina replied, as she ran the tips of her finger across Maya's bottom lip.

"I didn't say you couldn't, I can just feel when it's you" she added, those words causing a soft smile to appear.

"Ahhh both mommy's are here, that's good" Dr Richardson exclaimed, as she saw the two women by the door and made her way over to them.

"Right I'm here for Jamie's injection" she explained, before receiving a nod from both women, before leading her back into Jamie's room.

"Hi Jamie, do you know why I'm here?" She asked, as she started to get everything she needed ready. She grappled a pair of silicone gloves from a small box before slapping the material against her wrists, signifying that she was ready for the injection to begin.

Jamie nodded his head in approval, knowing that regular injections were part of being in the hospital. A quick check up.

Maya could tell that Jamie was getting nervous, he had a habit of brining his hands to his head, and scratching at the skin.

"Baby hold my hand" the blonde suggested, as she held Jamie's hand and placed it by his side.

"This won't hurt my love ok" Carina reassured, smiling at their son, before Dr Richardson brought the needle to his arm, and telling Jamie to relax.

"It will only hurt a little" she reassured, before injecting his arm.

Jamie winced slightly in pain as he closed his eyes, excepting it to feel more painful, but quickly opened them after only a small sting.

"See was that so bad?" Maya asked, as she started to rub his hand with her thumb to try and comfy him.

"That was ok" he said, as released a shaky breath, voice still croaky, and his throat still incredibly dry.

"Here sweetheart have some water" Maya offered, as she grabbed the cub from earlier, before refilling it and placing it against Jamie's lips, watching as he began to drink the water. A little better than he did previously.

"Ok everything's done here, I'll just need a urine sample before the next 24 hours, and we'll get everything tested" the doctor explained, as she removed her gloves, and said her goodbyes to Jamie's moms. .

"So far so good" Maya whispered, trying to reassure both herself and her wife. Carina nodded hoping that everything would continue to run smoothly.

AN:

Thank you all so much for 101 followers it means so much to me :) I love you all. I hope everyone's day has been amazing, and if not I'm always free to talk:)

Snap: Lilylezzer09