Chapter 17: Cuts and bruises are what make us grow

A week later:

Both POV:

It was currently lunch time both Maya and Carina were eating their lunch at the hospital chatting about the days events so far, sitting on the couch tangled up in each other. They were interrupted though by the phone ringing, the brunette placed her tub of salad on the coffee table opposite them and stood up to grab the phone. "Hello?... yes she is with me, oh my god is he alright? Yes ok she will go and collect him now, Sì thank you" the blonde heard her girlfriend say as she placed the phone back down and made her way back over to her girlfriend. "What was that all about?" She asked starting to worry, "it's Jamie sweetie he hit his head at daycare and cracked it open, if you go get him I can have a look and stitch it up" she told the blonde stroking her arm to try and sooth her. "Oh god" was all she good say, worried for the boy she pretty much called her son. "It's ok Bella go get him and I'll take a look" she told her leaning down to kiss her softly on the lips. "Ok... I'm scared I don't want to see it" she stated not wanting to see the little boy in so much pain. "Bella this is the time he needs you to be brave, he will be in the best hands, I can get Amelia to check for any internal damage, and I can stitch him up... I'm very talented with these fingers you know" she said smirking at the end of her sentence as she wiggled her fingers. "Mmmm don't I know that" the blonde responded smirking back at her girlfriend and giving her one last kiss before standing up. "Thank you baby" she told her opening the office door to go grab little Jamie.

Maya's POV:

Once she arrived walking quickly to get to the daycare, she made her way in and was met with the receptionist. "Hi umm I'm here to pick Jamie Bishop up he cut his head open" she explained waiting for the woman to type in the information and give the blonde a pass, "if you would like to take a right and keep going until you see a rainbow coloured door, he's in there" the woman explained. "Thank you" the blonde replied making her way to the rainbow door. She knocked lightly so she could be heard and opened the door when she heard a voice tell her she could come in. "Hi you must be Jamie's mother?" She asked making the blonde smile at the thought of people calling her his mum. "Uh yep that's me" she said making her way into the small medical room. "Ok Jamie buddy look who it is" she said making the little boy sit up from his laying position on the medical bed and smile when he saw the blonde, "mommy" he squealed wanting her to hold him. "Hey baby boy what did you do?" She asked walking in further so she could lift the bandage up from his head to take a peak, and pretty much as expected was a pretty bad gash to his head. "Ok we're going to get you all nice a fixed up at the hospital, come on baby" she said before picking him up and saying goodbye and thanking the woman before leaving.

Both POV:

Once Maya had made it to the hospital she placed Jamie down so he could walk but holding on tight to his hand for extra support. They saw Carina and Teddy standing by the nurses desk and made their way over to them. "Hi baby" the brunette heard a familiar voice whisper into her ear before kissing the skin underneath it. "Hi Bella, oh there you are, come here Bambino" she said picking the little boy up and placing him on her hip. "This is Amelia do you remember her?" She asked hoping the boy would be ok with the brunette. He nodded his head yes making Amelia smile, "ok Amelia I will go stitch his head up and I'll page you when your needed" she told her friend, waving goodbye before making her way into a room so she could stitch the wound on Jamie's head. "Ok Bella, this will hurt but if you see that he's in too much pain tell me to stop and I will." The Italian told her girlfriend preparing Maya for the pain her little boy was about to feel. "Got it" she answered stroking the little boys head and using her other hand to hold his smaller one in hers. After about 5 minutes of the brunette stitching the young boys head, both women were proud of how he didn't really feel the pain other than a few times he whined due to a sting of the needle. "Good job bubs your doing so well" the blonde said giving his little hand a small squeeze, "Sì bambino your doing so good, only a couple more and I'll be finished" the brunette added wanting to be finished with the task so she could give him a big kiss and a cuddle. A couple stitches later and she was done, "ok Bella all done" she told them "well done baby come here" the blonde said relieved she didn't have to watch her sons head being poked a prodded with needles any longer, she held out her arms for the little boy to crawl into. "Tank ooo rina" both women hearing Jamie say thanking Carina made them giggle, because he wasn't able to pronounce it quite yet. "Your welcome bambino"