Chapter 29: Surprise

Carina's POV:

It was their first week in Africa and Carina was enjoying every moment of it. So far she's helped lots of baby's and toddlers, however when she helped the children about the same age of her own it made her think of Jamie. The week was good but it was also long and hard without her girlfriend. As soon as she was about to pick up the phone to FaceTime them Maya beat her to it. "Hiii baby" she said happy to see the brunette, "Ciao Bella" she replied softly smiling at her girlfriend. "Is Jamie at daycare?" She asked not really wanting to calculate what time it was for her, "yes he is I'm still working" the blonde told her. "How have you been?" The brunette asked her as she made her way to her dorm, "I've been ok I get my arm out tomorrow and then just a support glove to help it heal" she replied. "Ahhh that's so good Bambina" Carina responded glad she could have the chance to do things with two hands now. "Anyway how's Africa treating you?" She asked wanting to know what she's missed since the last time they spoke. "It's amazing... I've had a few failure cases but apart from that we will be bringing most of the children back with us" she finished breathing in the warm air of the night. "Shit car sorry that's a 3 alarm I gotta go, I love you" she heard the blonde say as she heard the sirens and the loud speaker telling them they were needed, "it's ok Bella you go do your job, I love you stay safe" she said waving before the phone hung up. Carina hadn't told her girlfriend that their flight was pushed forward due to weather issues, meaning she would be home sooner, it wasn't really an issue for the doctors, seen as though they could work on the children back at the hospital, she was looking forward to surprising her girlfriend. She would be getting the plane the next day, therefore needed to pack her things. "Heyyyy!" She heard a perky familiar voice say, turning around to be met with the person she suspected. "Hi Rosie" she said as she continued to make her way to her dorm room to pack. "God am I going to miss it here" the redhead sighed Carina did understand, she was also going to miss this place, but nothing could stop her from seeing her girl. "Me too... ok well goodnight" she finished smiling at the woman before going into her dorm room.

Going Home

Both POV:

Carina had just landed and was now waiting for Meredith to pick her up, it was a Sunday so it wasn't too much of a hassle for the blonde. "Carina hi!" She heard her friend say turning around opening her arms out for the woman, "Ciao Ciao" she exclaimed hugging the woman. "Hi Zola" she said leaning down to hug the small girl. "Hi" she replied smiling at the doctor. "Are you ready?" Meredith asked, "Sì let's go" she told them starting to follow Meredith to her car. Once they arrive to the station Carina hopped out of the car making her way to the boot to retrieve her suitcases. "Thank you Meredith I owe you" she said waving to the woman and her daughter, "it's fine see you tomorrow" she said before driving away. Carina made her way into the Station greeting everyone there in hushed whispers so the fire captain didn't hear her arrival. Maya was in her office doing paper work, when she heard a soft knock at the door, "come in" she said not looking up to see who it was. "Ciao Bella" she heard making her immediately whip her head up completely shocked to see who it was. "Baby!" She exclaimed before making her way over to her beautiful girlfriend, "hi sweetheart" the brunette said lacing their fingers together before leaning in to capture the blondes lips. "I missed you so much" Maya said pulling away from the kiss and embracing her in a tight hug, "me too" Carina giggled as her girlfriend peppered kisses all over her face. "Jamie's going to go nuts" the blonde said braking the silence, "Sì I can't wait" she replied leaning in again to kiss the fire captain. Nothing could replace the feeling of how she felt for the woman stood in front of her. She was her everything and that trip made her realise she wanted her forever...

What will happen next?
Let me know your thoughts and what you would like to happen in the future! 💞💞