Chapter 19: Jamies birthday party

Both POV:

It was currently 6:30 right on the dot when both Maya and Carina heard cry's coming from Jamie's bedroom, "I'll get him babe you stay in bed" the blonde told her girlfriend as she saw her about to get up to sooth the little boy. "Sì ok thank you Bella" the brunette sleepily replied turning over on her side to snuggle her face further into the pillow. "Shhh shh shh buddy it's alright, today is meant to be a good day" she told him picking the little boy up and placing him on her hip, "wha dway is ita toway?" He asked not being able to say most of the words, the blonde had gotten used to his speech now and knew he tried to get it right and got frustrated when he didn't. "It's your birthday bubs" she replied whilst she made her way into her room to get back into bed. "Meee birtday!" He squealed, wiping the tears off of his cheeks. "Yes buddy it is" she replied setting him down in the spot between the blonde and the Italian. "Mumma wake rina up" he said pointing down to the brunette, "let Carina sleep for a little longer buddy" she told him getting comfy in her bed. Carina smiled when she heard what her girlfriend said and turned around smiling softly at the little boy, "good morning bambino" she said reaching up to softly pinch his cheeks earning a little giggle from the boy. "Your awake babe" the blonde said leaning over to give her girlfriend a soft kiss. "Sì I am, are you ready to show him his presents?" She asked getting out of bed putting her slippers on, "I was born ready" Maya replied as she grabbed Jamie and rested him on her hip. She placed her hand over the little boys eyes so he couldn't see the presents until she moved it. She was quite nervous about this day, it was her first birthday she celebrated with him, being his mother, so she wanted it to be perfect. "Eeeeee" he squealed out in excitement, "aha hang on bud" the blonde told him waiting for Carina to grab her phone to record it. "Ok here you go happy birthday JJ" she said removing her hand from his eyes and watching them go wide, "toyyyyys!" He exclaimed wanting to be put down so he could go and open them. Maya made her way over to the sofa taking a seat whilst Carina recorded the little boys gasps and cheers of excitement.

Once they had tidied up the apartment and set everything up for Jamie's birthday party, Carina was in the kitchen preparing party food whilst Maya sat down playing with Jamie. "Two seconds bud" she told him standing up and making her way over to her girlfriend wrapping her strong muscular arms around the slender woman in front of her. "Thank you for booking the day off baby" she said kissing the brunette softly on the piece of skin behind her ear. "It's my pleasure Bella I wouldn't miss it" she replied loving the way she felt whilst wrapped up in the blondes embrace.

"Where's the birthday boy!" She heard a familiar voice shout from the front door, "that's Jack buddy come on let's go say hi" she told him waiting for him to run over and hold her hand, "unle Jack" he said running straight to his legs gripping tightly, "hey bud" he said stroking his head. "Thanks Jack" Maya said thanking him for the fizzy drinks and cake, "no problem happy to help he replied walking into the apartment.

About an hour later and the party was started, some of the kids from the daycare came, giving Jamie some people to play with. Pretty much everyone from the station showed up due to it being their day off. Everyone seemed to love Carina's food, pretty much all of it was gone. "Ok cake!" Maya exclaimed making her way from the kitchen clutching the cake with one hand, and using the other to turn the lights off. The cake was a peppa pig theme, one of Jamie's favourite Tv shows at the moment. "Happy birthday to you" Maya started singing as everyone else joined in, Carina was sat at the dinner stable with Jamie in his high chair and everyone else either sat down or standing around singing and cheering. "Ayyyyyy happy birthday baby, blow out the candles" Maya instructed watching as he took one big deep breath and then blew out the big number 2 candle in the centre of the cake. " Happy birthday bambino" Carina said kissing the little boy on the cheek, whilst Maya grabbed the phone to take a photo of the two.

Hiiiii guys I hope your enjoying this story so far, I have started to write another one about Marina so I might not post as much on this as I currently am, but I will still post as much as possible!! ☺️