Chapter 54: The aftermath

Both POV:

"Momma" she heard turning her head around seeing the little boy start to wake up, "Sì Bambino I'm here" she whispered moving her hand up to his cheek so she could softly stroke it.

"I didn't die?" He asked moving his head left to right so he could be more aware of his surroundings. "No bello I'm right here it's real" Carina said her heart squeezing whenever he mentioned death, knowing it was a possibility.

"Where's mommy?" He asked wanting to see the blonde as well, "she had to go back home to grab a few things" the brunette replied "you'll be here for quite some time bambino" she added watching as his eyes clenched shut turning his head away from the Italian so he wasn't looking at her.

"Jamie.... sweetheart look at me" she urged using her hand that was on his cheek to lift his chin up so he was looking at her. "I love you" she said watching as tears threatened to escape his gorgeous blue eyes, "you're not going anywhere" she whispered moving her thumb to wipe away his tears.

"Hey" she heard a familiar voice whisper as she turned around seeing the blonde standing at the door a backpack slung over her shoulder. "Mommy!" Jamie exclaimed smiling at his mother when she walked over to him placing a soft kiss to his bald head.

"Hey champ how are you feeling?" She asked lifting up the cover so she could see the scar from the surgery. "Does it hurt?" She asked seeing the large cut covering his stomach "a little but only when I tense" he replied sighing at the feeling of cold air on his skin, "does that feel good buddy... do you think you can walk?" She asked wanting him to tear his mind away from all of the surgery's, the illness, to just get some fresh air and breath.

"The doctor advised on bedrest" Carina intervened feeling sorry for her son, but knowing it was best if he wanted to heal quicker. "Damn ok well how about I go get Mc Donald's" Maya suggested wiggling her eyebrows suggestively making the little boy giggle, "yes!" He replied not being able to eat at least 24 hours before the surgery, and with that adding up with him not eating anyway, the boy was starving.
"You have to eat it slow tho, and if it makes you feel sick I'll take it away, I'm sure uncle Andrew will be your substitute eater" she said smiling softly at her son before getting up to leave, placing a kiss to her wife's forehead before shutting the door behind her.

About 45 minutes later Maya returned with the food, making Jamie tear his eyes away from the television and over to Maya the scent filling his nostrils.
"Ok one cheeseburger, fries and orange juice" Maya said placing down the food on the tray next to his bed, "yummy!" Jamie exclaimed not waiting another second before shoving the French fries down his throat, "woahh buddy slow down" maya said knowing he couldn't eat to begin with and would be throwing all of it up later on.

"You hungry bello?" Carina asked smiling at her son gobbling down the fries like they'd run away. "Mhm" he nodded grabbing the orange juice from the tray slowly sipping it "good boy" Maya praised watching as he slowly drank the drink.

"No more" he said pushing away the burger not being able to eat anything else "ok that's fine" Carina said understanding that he got full easily. "Uncle Andrew can have it" Jamie suggested wrapping the burger back up and placing it on the tray, "that's nice of you I'm sure he'll snatch it off of you" Maya said earning a smile from her son.

"Where's my boy?" Andrew asked a couple hours later after dropping the kids off at Jack's. He poked his head in the recovery room holding something behind his back making Jamie furrow his eyebrows in curiosity, "what's that?" He asked pointing to the object behind his back, "what's what?" He asked turning behind him pretending to be oblivious to what he was asking. "Behind your back uncle Andrew" Jamie giggled, "you mean...this" he said bringing the teddy he was holding out in front of him watching as Jamie's eyes went wide excitement covering his face. "Super hero teddy!" He exclaimed "Sì because you're super boy" he replied walking the rest of the way over to his bed placing the teddy in his arms. "Thank you" Jamie said "not a problem little man" he replied bringing his hand up scrunching it into a fist offering Jamie a fist pump, "gimme some" he said watching as the little boy bursted into laughter, "you silly" he giggled bringing the teddy to his chest breathing in the smell of it.

"For you" he said holding the cheese burger in his hand offering it to Andrew, "for meeee!" He exclaimed taking the cheese burger from the boy unwrapping it and taking a big bite. "Mmmmmm" he groaned "cold cheeseburger my favourite kind"

AN:

Any suggestions? I'll take anything tbh 🙂