Chapter 42: Car crash

Both POV:

"Ok I'll see you later babe" Maya said as she hugged her wife wishing her a good day at work, Carina had an earlier shift than the blonde, so Maya was waiting for the baby sitter to take care of Mateo and Georgia. "Bye bambino, bye Bella" the brunette said to both children as she kissed them on the head and left their house.

Carina's POV:

It was a normal morning, she ate, bathed watched some Tv with her children, it was their normal morning, but Carina didn't know that was about to change. "Got damn traffic" she huffed getting annoyed at the lack of movement on the free way. Carina didn't normally drive to work but she only just went back and was told to take it easy due to the twins having torn the woman during birth. Carina didn't know what happened, she pulled out, the task being quite simple because she was the last car in line, and took a short cut thinking this was the quickest way to get to work. "Ughhh Andrea" she groaned as she lent down to retrieve her phone, but before she could another car collided with hers. Carinas car got hit pretty badly making her car slide across the road flipping over when it banged into the railings. Luckily the brunette didn't loose consciousness, but she was upside down and stuck, "help!" She shouted feeling excruciating pain in her legs due to them being trapped, "Mam are you alright?" A man asked as he lent down to see if the brunette was still alive and breathing, "ahhh" is all Carina could respond feeling something dig into her stomach, "ok we are gonna get you out it's gonna be alright" she heard the man say before going to get some more people to help. She heard the ambulances and just hoped she got out in time she was loosing a lot of blood. "Right" she heard another voice say looking up to see a paramedic, "my legs" she said not being able to feel them much anymore, "ok we are going to pull you out" the man said grabbing onto her arm and as gently as he could started to remove the Italian. "That's it" he praised being able to slip her out quite easily, "c-could you call my wife?" She asked wanting Maya to be with her, "yes we can do that" the man replied going back to the ambulance so he could place the call, whilst Carina was splayed out on the stretcher.

Both POV:

Maya was terrified when she got the call she left the station quicker than the flash, worrying about her wife and how bad her injuries were. Carina was in a trauma room when she saw the blonde burst through the doors, "umm excuse me mam-" Owen started but being cut off by the blonde, "she's my wife" she said making her way over to the brunette, "Carina" she said looking at the cuts and bruises covering her body, "it's ok Bella I'm here" she said grabbing her face in her hands stroking cheek softly trying to sooth her, "I- I thought" she started not being able to finish her sentence her throat being too dry. Carina knew how this felt, Maya had been in this situation many times, it's scary. "It's ok I'm here i know I'm sorry" she said placing a soft kiss to her wife's nose before placing another to her lips. Maya released a shaky breath loving the feel of Carinas lips on her skin, just thankful she was ok and the crash didn't go any worse, "I'm gonna go ask if Jack can baby sit" she said wanting the children to be taken care of, "ok Bambina" the brunette responded watching as her wife left the room. "Thanks Jack" the blonde said being thankful she had friends to rely on like she did with the people at the station. "Hey Maya" Teddy said making the blonde turn her head smiling at her former friend, "it's been a while" Teddy said smiling back at the blonde, "yes it has... did you hear?" She asked not knowing if she was aware about Carina or not, "yes I am, she'll be alright" Teddy soothed placing a hand to her shoulder stroking it softly, "I know she's strong" Maya replied turning her head back to the trauma room, "well I should get back in there" she said wanting to be there with her wife, "ok I'll see you around?" Teddy asked receiving a nod from the blonde and then walking away. "You spoke to Teddy?" The brunette asked seeing the two women talk outside, "yes we did" she replied. They were soon interrupted by Andrew storming through the doors, "Carina!" He said before making his way to his sister, "god I'm so sorry" he said knowing this was probably his fault, "sorry?" Maya asked confused at what the man meant, "I texted her-" he was cut off by a screaming Maya, "you did this!" She said angry at her brother in law, "I said I'm sorry" he argued back, "look both of you arguing won't solve this, it was my fault I looked at the phone I shouldn't have done that" she admitted calming down both adults. "Well...." Andrew said earning an arm smack from the blonde, "go away" Maya teased pushing him out of the room.

AN:

I need story ideas...