Chapter 12: Feeling Power

Začít od začátku

"you are one of my best friends Valian. I would go to hell and back with you. We have lost everything together, and now all we have is each other. We would hate to lose even one person of our new family" Halfar steps back and lets 11O continue.

"the more time we are together, the closer we get. And Valian, you can call me Dean. That was the name I went by before we were kidnapped and forced to go through those horrible experiments" I can feel our group slowly growing stronger. Dean steps back, and Merimo walks up to take his place. She turns to me with a look of grave concern on her face.

"Valian, are you sure you want to do something so foolish? You may not survive such a taxing task" even if it costs me a leg or an arm, I need to do something to help the people of this time, while also satisfying our new group members. I show a reassuring smile to Merimo, as to ease her concerns.

"the best way home for us, is me. I will be able to get us back home once I am able to completely understand how to use my powers. I need to figure out if battle can help with increasing my power. I should be able to defeat most enemies with the power I currently have" Merimo sighs, having given up on convincing me to stay, even though she did not really do anything to stop me. Next to Merimo, Seive appears, adjusting his glasses before he can speak to me.

"never thought I would see you as a hero. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised by this sudden change" I shake my head to Seive enthusiastically.

"the journey hasn't even started yet. I promise you, at the end of this, I will be a hero. I still have a fair way to go yet, before I can be even remotely considered one" Seive chuckles at my words, and tilts his head as he looks at me with an almost-carefree expression.

"well, be sure not to push yourself too hard, and don't die" Seive moves out of the way, and from behind him, Alice rushes up to me.

"Valian, you do not have to do this. We need you, but not only for getting back home. We all care for you deeply Valian" it is always nice to hear those words. I wish that I could stay an enjoy my time with my friends, my new family. But right now, there are people around the city who need help. I may be doing this for my own selfish reasons, but I doubt they would care for my reasons as to why I help them. One thing will always remain a priority while we are here: I need to increase my power to the point where I will be able to use my dormant ability to travel back to the present. I lift my arm up and give Alice a thumbs up in response to her sincere words.

"I am happy to hear you say that Alice. I promise that I will not die here" Camilla and Dionus jump in to interrupt our heartfelt moment. Camilla turns to me with a serious expression.

"if you are going to step in and help the people of this region, then Dionus and I are going to help you" what? Why does Camilla have no regard for Dionus and his safety?

"isn't this going to be a little bit dangerous for someone like Dionus?" Camilla turns to Dionus, obviously giving it second thoughts, and returns her attention to me.

"yeah, I suppose you're right. It will only be the two of us going then" someone steps in from the side of our gathering, displaying their intention to join our mission. Merimo is standing straight with an expression of determination on her face.

"then I wish to come too. You will need someone there for you if you collapse in the middle of battle, Valian" Merimo has been by my side since when I first arrived at the facility. I can understand her reasoning for coming along with us. I nod to Merimo to confirm that she can come along with us. As Merimo's expression softens, I speak up.

"the rest of you will have to wait somewhere that the three of us will be able to find you when we return. There should be some high ground not too far from here, you can use that" everyone else around us move around our gathering to pack their gear. I turn to Camilla and Merimo, who is looking over towards Alice, who is packing her stuff. Merimo returns her gaze to me.