Lothar 2: Unstable Group

Start from the beginning

"Erin! I am so happy that you are here to watch the lovely sight in-front of us" Erin walks up to Glinora and stands next to her as they watch the horizon. With no way of interjecting into their moment they are having, I turn to Pria, with Thaniel at my side.

"I want to compile a list of people who want to remain in our group when given the chance to move into the temporary home that Bengelon is going to provide. Do you wish to remain in our group when that time comes?" Pria puts on a gentle face to my question, but it falters and shifts to a regretful one. She looks towards Erin and Glinora with a face full of concern.

"I wish I could remain here with you, to help in the inevitable battle against that evil woman, but I fear that I will just simply be a burden on the group. So I am going to have to move into that temporary home when the time comes" that is a completely understandable position, and one which I believe a lot of the families will also be in. Even though Pria is not going to be remaining with us, I remember that Bernard has expressed his desire to remain with us, so we will not have to ask him.

"I understand. I promise that I will guide the group through the coming storm, and we will find that place that all of us will be able to call home" Pria lowers her eyes, and is showing a gentle, relaxed smile. She looks up and tilts her head to me.

"thank you, I am glad that you are our leader. Even though I do not know you that well, I trust that you will come through for us" this is not really the kind of faith that I deserve. I will do my best to live up to her expectations. I nod to Pria and gesture for Thaniel to follow me. We walk back down the bus, looking for another family member to ask about their position. I will need to get a rough idea of how many people are going to remain with us on the grand journey across the world. We will not have to ask Glinora, since she has already expressed her desire to remain with us for the whole journey. As much as we want Erin to live happily with our families, Erin has grown quite fond of Glinora and Thaniel. I feel that Erin is not going to be the only kid, let alone the only escaped subject, who wishes to remain with us on this journey. We continue walking towards the back of the bus, quickly running into three other members of our group who are talking to each other, who I recognise as Miranda's family. Mylinthia, Talof and Jessica turn to face Thaniel and I. Before they can ask us why we are here, I beat them to the point.

"we wish to ask you about a choice between remaining with our core group on the journey to find a home, or will you choose to live in the potential temporary home when the option is provided?" Mylinthia shows us a confident smile and turns to her two children.

"through a lot of begging, my kids have convinced me that Miranda is going to need our help on this journey. We are not going to leave her alone when her life is at risk" Having a family that deeply cares for you can really be something else.

"we will be glad to have you with us" I should probably speak with my family, seeing as though it was my decision which has resulted in the loss of our mansion. I nod to Mylinthia and wave over for Thaniel to follow me. We walk further up the bus, passing by a few group members who are conversing. We stop by a few seats where I can see my family members. My mother looks to me with a grim face, lowering her head in a solemn silence.

"will this all be worth it? Will your father's sacrifice mean anything?" at this point, I am struggling to justify my father's sacrifice, the choice to leave him behind. At the time I was thinking that we must survive at all costs, but now I am thinking back on that fateful decision. Can I call myself a good leader, if my choice involves leaving someone for dead-hell, even my own dad at that? I have to answer my mother, I need to reassure her that everything will turn out alright.

"yes, we will defeat Ismilda, and we will survive this journey. Even if it takes my life, I will make sure that you all survive" my mother shows a face of concern to my words.